Sponsored

Malfunctions After Recent Updates

dpatt711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
November 2021 XLT, noticed that the computer now constantly freezes up briefly when doing things like setting nav, using settings, etc, causing the audio to make this horrendeous glitchy/grinding noise. It also sometimes completely freezes up when going into reverse and I get no camera.
Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
The only thing I have noticed after this round of updates, is when I ask the truck something, the music cuts out with a weird noise before the truck answers. It's rather loud too if you have the radio volume up.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
November 2021 XLT, noticed that the computer now constantly freezes up briefly when doing things like setting nav, using settings, etc, causing the audio to make this horrendeous glitchy/grinding noise. It also sometimes completely freezes up when going into reverse and I get no camera.
You're not alone in this. All we can do it hope they patch the bugs soon.

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
yeah 4.2.3 has really messed up the 12 inch screen on my truck. Its is freezes on most startups now. I may be taking an 120mile round trip tomorrow maybe that will fix it. what i mean by that is charging the battery because low soc will cause issues.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
yup, glad its not just me then, sometimes I get the black screen of death and then it re-boots.
other times its just super slow, but something is not right.
wished I turned off auto updates before this one

Sponsored

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 eco boost / 2004 ford lightnin
Occupation
Ibew electrician
I got the audio issues, and my Bluetooth when in reverse cuts out constantly, and it’s slowly getting worse, also noticed the delay in the screen, sometimes when backing up it’s glitchy, takes a second to recover. Like it’s out of memory, and when on Bluetooth it’s constantly drops calls… sad it was working fine before this update.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got the audio issues, and my Bluetooth when in reverse cuts out constantly, and it’s slowly getting worse, also noticed the delay in the screen, sometimes when backing up it’s glitchy, takes a second to recover. Like it’s out of memory, and when on Bluetooth it’s constantly drops calls… sad it was working fine before this update.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN And Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

David1234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I'm having the exact same issues on my Nov 2021 Lariat. Screen goes black and reboots periodically, cameras freeze up, Android Auto freaks out and disconnects. Hope they fix these issues with another update soon.

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2013 F150 XLT
Heat/cool seats and heated steering wheel not working after updates. Using FDRS but can't find or figure out fix.

Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
With my recent update,
  • the phone wont dial out, it starts to ring, then disconnects
  • cant connect to android auto while driving... WTF?? voice commands dont seem to work
  • cant disconnect or connect a phone while driving
im ready to ditch all new trucks and find a late 60's to mid 70s F250 and shun technology... these stupid namby pamby "driver assistance" BS nearly got me killed today when the stupid computer "thought" there was too much throttle or roll angle or something, and cut power to the go pedal... as a result, the truck hesitated thru an intersection and i nearly got hit :mad:🤬

bzone3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Having similar issues with my '21 Lariat. When shifting into reverse, the backup camera freezes, and if listening to android auto it also freezes and outputs a buzzing noise through the speakers. Didn't start until recent updates.

quitced

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Education
Has anyone heard any updates with this. I’m experiencing the same thing…2022 Lariat.

bzone3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Just had another issue yesterday where all of the safety systems faulted: cruise control, crash detection, blind spot monitoring and the like. I am having them check this issue when I take it in next week.
Sponsored