Sponsored

Lariat Sport option - possible to get black door cards and dash accents?

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
No, projectors are 502A and higher. The 302A to 501A get reflector LEDs.
I gotta imagine someone like me going from a 302A 2018 to a 2021 501A will still appreciate the LEDs. All this projector talk makes me feel I made a mistake with the 501A so I’m really hoping I’ll be happy.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I gotta imagine someone like me going from a 302A 2018 to a 2021 501A will still appreciate the LEDs. All this projector talk makes me feel I made a mistake with the 501A so I’m really hoping I’ll be happy.
I think you will be. LEDs are still a huge upgrade from halogen, I’m looking forward to them.

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
I didn't like the red accents in the pictures, but they were much better in person and I've grown to like them more and more over time. Many of the pictures of the red accents online do a terrible job showing what it actually looks like. It's more subtle in real life. Also, when you are in the driver seat, you don't see much of the red due to the angles. The online photos are from a high angle that makes the interior seem more red than it actually feels in real life.

I still think the gray/slate interior that you can get with the chrome package looks nicer, but not by much, and certainly not enough for me to have chrome on the outside.

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
Leather dye is readily and cheaply available; and if you do not feel comfortable dyeing the red to black yourself im sure it would be a very nominal cost at a competent upholstery shop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SumGuy

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Leather dye is readily and cheaply available; and if you do not feel comfortable dyeing the red to black yourself im sure it would be a very nominal cost at a competent upholstery shop.
Good point, but I assume it is a vinyl type product instead of leather on the dash, right?

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The interior color of the '21 Lariat Sport was a deal breaker for me. I saw it in person before I saw it online/YouTube. To much brown for me. Looks terrible IMO. We should have been given the option to have all black. This is another WTF were they thinking.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Thanks, I looked at it again and see it was the LED fogs had cornering lights

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I was very concerned when I first ordered, but after a few pictures here and elsewhere of the sport interior, I didn't think it was too bad. Seeing it in person today, I think it's much better than I was initially expecting. I can see how many probably don't like it, and I think a grey accent or blackout would be preferred by many, but I like the accent and how it breaks up the sea of black.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I just picked up my Lariat Sport at the dealer yesterday. Never seeing the red(ish) accents in person I was a bit skeptical But no chrome on my Lariat was more important to me. Now seeing it in person I like it. It isn’t bright at all and breaks up all the black inside. The pictures don’t tell the story. Need to see it in person before making a judgment.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I just picked up my Lariat Sport at the dealer yesterday. Never seeing the red(ish) accents in person I was a bit skeptical But no chrome on my Lariat was more important to me. Now seeing it in person I like it. It isn’t bright at all and breaks up all the black inside. The pictures don’t tell the story. Need to see it in person before making a judgment.
My thought exactly. If you haven't seen it in person, you can't make a judgement on it as I haven't seen one picture that represents the color accurately.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
My thought exactly. If you haven't seen it in person, you can't make a judgement on it as I haven't seen one picture that represents the color accurately.
Yup, part of what took me so long to place an order after deciding to bite the bullet is that I searched every interior color in a 50 mile radius and was able to (after quite a bit of driving) see them all in morning afternoon and dusk lighting.

For me it was between the slate and the black in the end (the red sport was alright and the other one I can’t recall the name of was a hard pass). Went with black.

spikerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L
crap, so am I understanding this right? If you get a Lariat with the sports package, you end up with those red panels? I was hoping to avoid that and I would have a straight black interior like in my '19 lariat. While I haven't seen this in person on the new F150, I didn't like in the Ram Rebels I took a look at....

OP
OP
SumGuy

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
crap, so am I understanding this right? If you get a Lariat with the sports package, you end up with those red panels? I was hoping to avoid that and I would have a straight black interior like in my '19 lariat. While I haven't seen this in person on the new F150, I didn't like in the Ram Rebels I took a look at....
Yup, if you want the sport with the 502a high, you get these dumb red panels. I still have my order in, but I think I’ll replace all the door cards with the all black, and find out how to replace the dash inserts...such a stupid decision by Ford. If you want blacked out vs chrome, why would you want red accents interior??

Why ford???

spikerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L
Yup, if you want the sport with the 502a high, you get these dumb red panels. I still have my order in, but I think I’ll replace all the door cards with the all black, and find out how to replace the dash inserts...such a stupid decision by Ford. If you want blacked out vs chrome, why would you want red accents interior??

Why ford???
damn. well, its too late for me now, my truck is being built next week. I added the sport package because I detest chrome, so the sport package was to get everything painted to match. I guess I like the chrome less than the red panels, so I guess I just have to live with it... which sucks when I am spending $80k on a truck.
Sponsored