Sponsored

King Ranch Applique Question

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Does anybody know if you can order a King Ranch with color keyed bumpers and the applique or is it only available on the chrome package? TIA!
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
You have to do the chrome package for the applique

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Just wait a little while and you might find one laying on the side of the road.

My 22 KR is 5 months old and the applique is already starting to separate from both ends (left and right). And on top of that, the "stainless" film is lifting around the edges and you can see the black plastic substrate.

I don't know why I expected these to be metal. Oh, I know ... $73,530.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I am sure the price of that panel would be outrageous. The "cell phone holder" that clips in to the charging compartment, it holds your phone upright, a $0.05 piece to manufacture, was $235 the last time I checked dealers.

Ford F-150 King Ranch Applique Question KR Applique Lift

Ford F-150 King Ranch Applique Question KR Applique Film

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Just wait a little while and you might find one laying on the side of the road.

My 22 KR is 5 months old and the applique is already starting to separate from both ends (left and right). And on top of that, the "stainless" film is lifting around the edges and you can see the black plastic substrate.

I don't know why I expected these to be metal. Oh, I know ... $73,530.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I am sure the price of that panel would be outrageous. The "cell phone holder" that clips in to the charging compartment, it holds your phone upright, a $0.05 piece to manufacture, was $235 the last time I checked dealers.

KR Applique Lift.jpg

KR Applique Film.jpg
It’s under warranty…bring it back to the dealer and have them put a new appliqué on. Problem solved.

Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
It’s under warranty…bring it back to the dealer and have them put a new appliqué on. Problem solved.
Maybe I need to be more clear about the intention of my post. The Applique is a poor quality product. It is:
1) made of plastic,
2) the film coating is not durable, and
3) the method to adhere this to the tailgate is flawed.

With an online purchase price of nearly $1,000 ($875 + tax), my comment was intended to help the OP feel better about not having this. Considering the Chrome Pkg on my truck has a retail value of $1,500 ($1,995 - $500 discount), to me, $1,000 for an applique is a bad deal. Again, considering the Chrome Pkg includes Applique, 4 chrome-like wheels, 2 chrome bumpers, and 4 chrome-like door handle covers.

How does that solve the problem? Is there some new adhesive being used? I doubt it. This applique was applied in an "ideal" situation where dust, temperature and cleanliness are controlled, and yet it failed in under 5 months. After I exchange many calls with a service advisor and body shop about parts and availability, then schedule an appointment, rides from and to the shop, arrange my schedule to be without my truck bed for a day, I'm looking at 8+ hours lost. And then, when it detaches again ...

Einstein's definition of Insanity, Doing the same thing expecting different results. The best solution, my 22 KR 6.5' bed, scheduled for production 8/15, does not include the Chrome Pkg.

The short is, in my experience, OP don't feel bad about not having one, it's not worth it. Having owned and maintained vehicles for more than 40 years. both foreign and domestic, base model to premium performance, I have never seen such poor quality vehicles being produced. Parts are being "economized" to such an extent that I question the durability of our new vehicles. This applique is a perfect example. It looks good, but with multiple failures in the first 5 months, I don't expect this to look like $1,000 in 2 years.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I wish we had the option to delete it. The billboard was one reason I almost didn’t order a Platinum, but I really wanted the multi-contour seats. Now I’m loosing the seats and stuck with the billboard.

PReam

First Name
Putnam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I also experienced the appliqué peeling off. Took it in and had a new one installed and it’s no better than the last…previous gen trucks’ appliqués I’ve seen are secure and are not flimsy. Definitely a quality control issue with the new trucks. I’ve just learned to deal with it and if it gets worse I’ll continue to let ford install a new one every year if I have to.
Sponsored