Katzkin- what's the consensus?

Tyler1986

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 FX4 302a 3.5L Oxford White
Got them in my 21’ XLT and absolutely love them. They’re perforated and march the grey stitching perfectly on the armrest. I’ve looked at the “leather” seats in the new 22’s and 23 black appearance package XLTs and they feel and look cheap IMO.
I will say the cloth seats were a tad more comfy but The Katzkins are still very nice. Also being from Canada they don’t get quite as cold or frozen when it’s really cold out
Sponsored

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
I had them in my '14, and they were great. I would go with non-perf if sand is an issue, and I didn't want "cooled". But being in FL, the cooled would be a good option. I live in S.C. and use the cooled all the time. I have a lariat, but if the XLT had folding mirrors, I would have bought the XLT and added Katskinz.

FYI, when I went to the installer they had a room full of covers for XLTs that they were doing for the local dealers. Maybe you could contact an installer and go check out some samples.
Trying to decide on the Katzkins cooled or not and it seems as though you'd be able to offer some insight. I've been in my buddys Lariat 250 with factory cooled seats and to be honest it just feels like I'm sitting on the inlet side of a box fan. Seemingly no ventilation on the back where I'd like it and that's just strange. Which level of cooling/heating did you get IE full coverage, just back etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Trying to decide on the Katzkins cooled or not and it seems as though you'd be able to offer some insight. I've been in my buddys Lariat 250 with factory cooled seats and to be honest it just feels like I'm sitting on the inlet side of a box fan. Seemingly no ventilation on the back where I'd like it and that's just strange. Which level of cooling/heating did you get IE full coverage, just back etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the confusion. I didn’t have them on the ‘14 , katskinz didn’t have that option at the time. I do have them in my lariat now.

I did just have katskinz put in my Honda civic but didn’t get heated or cooled. The heated option wasnt too bad, but adding cooled was way more than I wanted to pay.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
For the confusion. I didn’t have them on the ‘14 , katskinz didn’t have that option at the time. I do have them in my lariat now.

I did just have katskinz put in my Honda civic but didn’t get heated or cooled. The heated option wasnt too bad, but adding cooled was way more than I wanted to pay.
That's about where I am but honestly without the cooling for the summer I may just stick to the cloth and a sweaty back.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
They completely remove the OEM cloth. They are not "covers". I plan to use my cloth seats until they start looking a little sat in and then do a Katzskin refresh. Maybe perforated black for my already heated seats and some red accents that match my Rapid Red Metallic super paint! I mean I do drive the fastest truck this side of a TRX :cool:

lol

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-150 Platinum | '22 F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter
After looking at this post, I was debating on getting the Katzkin on my work's 21 XLT, I absolutely hate the cloth seats, looks really cheap.

I have to say, after owing Lariat and above trims of F-150s for the longest time; I wonder how much better the Katzkin leathers would be compared to the OEMs in my '22 Lariat? Will most likely be shooting for the black oem style so it looks OEM.

What's everyone's thoughts?

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Just had them installed in my 2021 XLT. They look great, feel great and are very comfortable.

Ford F-150 Katzkin- what's the consensus? IMG_0066 Lar
Ford F-150 Katzkin- what's the consensus? IMG_0068 Lar
Sponsored