• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just placed my 2022 Lightning order... Does the dealer have to honor the online price?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Oh

Man just re-read ur post and u only have receipt, no purchase order? Not to scare you, but if they are already taking additional deposits that theyre not supposed to, who knows what crap they may pull come delivery time.

I'd use what they did as a tactic. Go back, show then the Ford memo, ask why they are asking for extra deposit because you're not happy with what they did. They may get defensive but you can use the "I'm gonna call Ford to ask about this"..then demand that they give you a purchase order with no funny business. Make sure all the numbers are what u are happy with and have them write no ADM or dealer add-ons. Sign it and you will be in good shape.
I checked the final paperwork, but now that you mention it, its odd that they didn't give me a copy of it.

The reason I didn't mind the deposit was that I have a $1000 Ford branded prepaid debit card that Ford Corporate sent me a few months ago to compensate me for a problem I had with a dealership (yes, the same one I just ordered from).

Long story short... My 2016 F-150 broke down unexpectedly. It wouldn't start and the dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. After waiting over 4 months, I gave up and since I couldn't trade it or sell it to anyone else while it was broken, I traded it (to the same dealer) for a Mustang Mach-e because they had no other F-150s in stock.

Ford Corporate followed the case for the entire 4 months and when it ended they offered me a $1000 gift card to compensate me for the time I lost with my beloved F-150. I told myself I'd use it to get the Lightning, and that's what I did.

For what it's worth, I think the Mach-e is a GREAT car and it shows me that Ford is serious about EVs and the Lightning should be even better because they've probably learned a lot about how to improve the platform since then. I'd keep it, but I want a TRUCK.

One more thing I learned from the repair disaster. I will never buy another gas vehicle again. There are TOO MANY THINGS THAT CAN BREAK. The dealer spent over 4 months swapping parts and still couldn't fix it. EVs are simple... they have power... and an electric motor and neither require any real parts to keep working. No transmissions, alternators, belts, fuel filters, fuel pumps or fuel injectors to break down.

Proof of the powertrain reliability. The Mach-e was the first car I ever bought where they didn't push me on an extended warranty, and they didn't push me on one today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Site is SO SLOW. My guess is there are a lot more orders in wave 2. :(. Hope I actually succeed in getting it placed today.
I think the deadline to use your reservation is in March, but I think the queue is mostly first come, first built.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I checked the final paperwork, but now that you mention it, its odd that they didn't give me a copy of it.

One more thing I learned from the repair disaster. I will never buy another gas vehicle again. There are TOO MANY THINGS THAT CAN BREAK. The dealer spent over 4 months swapping parts and still couldn't fix it. EVs are simple...
So you do have a purchase order? The white sheet with your order they have you sign isn't a purchase order. You need to get a real purchase order that's says "purchase order" on top thats filled out by hand, where they take the top copy and you get the imprinted copy. If you only did white print out, GO BACK! I would rather u take a couple hours now to make sure everything properly locked in rather than regretting it in a few months when they try to add some ADM b.s.

Trust me, I'm sick of ICE vehicles as well. My father in law paid $6k to have the turbo replaced on his f250 diesel..they had to remove whole cabin to get to it. That's why I'm giving this a shot. But there is still much left to be desired from EVs, and there is still a lot that can break on them so don't underestimate them just because they don't have an engine. Also little things u don't think about. For example, A/C in summer gonna drain ur battery quicker. They still need maintenance as well, and per another person's post about their mach e in winter, is declined by as much as 46%. So still far from perfect.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

The reason I didn't mind the deposit was that I have a $1000 Ford branded prepaid debit card that Ford Corporate sent me a few months ago to compensate me for a problem I had with a dealership (yes, the same one I just ordered from).

Long story short... My 2016 F-150 broke down unexpectedly. It wouldn't start and the dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. After waiting over 4 months, I gave up and since I couldn't trade it or sell it to anyone else while it was broken, I traded it (to the same dealer) for a Mustang Mach-e because they had no other F-150s in stock.

Ford Corporate followed the case for the entire 4 months and when it ended they offered me a $1000 gift card to compensate me for the time I lost with my beloved F-150. I told myself I'd use it to get the Lightning, and that's what I did.

For what it's worth, I think the Mach-e is a GREAT car and it shows me that Ford is serious about EVs and the Lightning should be even better because they've probably learned a lot about how to improve the platform since then. I'd keep it, but I want a TRUCK.

One more thing I learned from the repair disaster. I will never buy another gas vehicle again. There are TOO MANY THINGS THAT CAN BREAK. The dealer spent over 4 months swapping parts and still couldn't fix it. EVs are simple... they have power... and an electric motor and neither require any real parts to keep working. No transmissions, alternators, belts, fuel filters, fuel pumps or fuel injectors to break down.

Proof of the powertrain reliability. The Mach-e was the first car I ever bought where they didn't push me on an extended warranty, and they didn't push me on one today.
i wouldnā€™t consider it proof so much as they donā€™t really know where the EVs fall into an extended warranty. I recently purchased a Kia Niro WV and they didnā€™t know shit about the extended warranties that they offer free on ICE. Totally clueless and I never did get any answers. Luckily itā€™s just a place holder to get the $10,000 tax credits and flip it into the Lightning this year.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
So you do have a purchase order? The white sheet with your order they have you sign isn't a purchase order. You need to get a real purchase order that's says "purchase order" on top thats filled out by hand, where they take the top copy and you get the imprinted copy. If you only did white print out, GO BACK! I would rather u take a couple hours now to make sure everything properly locked in rather than regretting it in a few months when they try to add some ADM b.s.

Trust me, I'm sick of ICE vehicles as well. My father in law paid $6k to have the turbo replaced on his f250 diesel..they had to remove whole cabin to get to it. That's why I'm giving this a shot. But there is still much left to be desired from EVs, and there is still a lot that can break on them so don't underestimate them just because they don't have an engine. Also little things u don't think about. For example, A/C in summer gonna drain ur battery quicker. They still need maintenance as well, and per another person's post about their mach e in winter, is declined by as much as 46%. So still far from perfect.
Good advice. I'll have them send me the final paperwork. I checked and re-checked everything I signed and made sure they didn't have any new fees, but nothing is better than seeing it in writing.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Good advice. I'll have them send me the final paperwork. I checked and re-checked everything I signed and made sure they didn't have any new fees, but nothing is better than seeing it in writing.
Ya, check out what they send you. Like i said if its just the white digital printout that says "preview order" on top and "this is not an invoice" on bottom, then go back and fill out the correct paperwork.

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but I just noticed in your user notes you're from New York, and have a Mach-E. How's the range in this cold weather compared to warm weather for you?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Ya, check out what they send you. Like i said if its just the white digital printout that says "preview order" on top and "this is not an invoice" on bottom, then go back and fill out the correct paperwork.

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but I just noticed in your user notes you're from New York, and have a Mach-E. How's the range in this cold weather compared to warm weather for you?
The first sub freezing day the dashboard reminded me that plugging in the car in cold weather will extend the battery lifespan. Before doing that, the estimate for 100% was only about 145 miles. Once I started plugging it in overnight, the 100% estimate went back to about 170 miles.

In the warm weather, 100% would say as much as 212 miles, and the interesting thing is it that even after driving about 10 miles, the range didn't drop. In some cases, as the day progressed, the range would increase, even though I didn't plug it in.

Basically, the computer constantly monitors conditions to estimate the range. Other than temperature, if you drive in the city, it stays the same for a while, then as I said, it could even recalculate and go up. If you did a lot of uphill or high speed driving, it will assume that you will be doing more of the same and need more power per mile, so the estimate drops.

Another factor is the weight. It knows how many passengers are in the car because each seat has a sensor. So, it will lower the estimate when you have passengers. The Lightning supposedly also has the ability to weigh the bed and factor that in, and apparently the estimates are based on having 1000 pounds in the bed, so people who only use the bed for light duty will get better range estimates.

Another cool tech fact I noticed. You should always pre-condition the car by "starting" it before you leave (I do this with my Apple Watch). When I start it from home, it also pre-heats the seats and the steering wheel. BUT... not the passenger seat. HOWEVER, when I go someplace with a passenger, then remote start it from the destination... it DOES pre-heat the passenger seat because it knows I'm probably still traveling with a passenger.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
The first sub freezing day the dashboard reminded me that plugging in the car in cold weather will extend the battery lifespan. Before doing that, the estimate for 100% was only about 145 miles. Once I started plugging it in overnight, the 100% estimate went back to about 170 miles.

In the warm weather, 100% would say as much as 212 miles, and the interesting thing is it that even after driving about 10 miles, the range didn't drop. In some cases, as the day progressed, the range would increase, even though I didn't plug it in.

Basically, the computer constantly monitors conditions to estimate the range. Other than temperature, if you drive in the city, it stays the same for a while, then as I said, it could even recalculate and go up. If you did a lot of uphill or high speed driving, it will assume that you will be doing more of the same and need more power per mile, so the estimate drops.

Another factor is the weight. It knows how many passengers are in the car because each seat has a sensor. So, it will lower the estimate when you have passengers. The Lightning supposedly also has the ability to weigh the bed and factor that in, and apparently the estimates are based on having 1000 pounds in the bed, so people who only use the bed for light duty will get better range estimates.

Another cool tech fact I noticed. You should always pre-condition the car by "starting" it before you leave (I do this with my Apple Watch). When I start it from home, it also pre-heats the seats and the steering wheel. BUT... not the passenger seat. HOWEVER, when I go someplace with a passenger, then remote start it from the destination... it DOES pre-heat the passenger seat because it knows I'm probably still traveling with a passenger.
Great info! Thanks for sharing.. i was about to get a Mach-E (local dealer had one with minimal markup) but I just couldn't do it knowing the Lightning orders would be coming up soon. Went with the Lincoln Corsair, which i'm happy with so far, and will probably keep as my gas alternative when I get the Lightning until i get to adjust to the life and the reality of being an EV owner.
Sponsored