Sponsored

ISSUE: No Crank / No-Power Up (Unresolved)

suprasteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
2021 F-150 2.7L 302A - Aug 6 2021 Built KC blend date
13,180km (8,189 miles)

I had a no-start/crank/power-on in February. After closing the door, dash and infotainment splash screens came up then went black. Odometer did read but distance to empty showed dashes. Depressing the brake pedal caused the green light on the start button to flash rapidly, with a relay clicking heard at the same frequency. A short press or holding of the start button did nothing, whether my foot was on the brake or not.

I called roadside assistance. When they arrived 2 hours later, the truck turned on like normal and restarted fine, cranking quickly without boosting. The tow truck driver pressed the start button using the keyfob itself; but I have no idea where the receiver actually is. It has been fine since, and I have put on another 4,000km. Battery terminals are tight. No CEL.

Dealer has not helped much; "no fault found, maybe TSB 22-2109" this TSB doesn't seem applicable at all...

Anybody else experience this? Potential key communication/interference issue? Software bug?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If the truck can't read thee flob, then you should get a error message on the screen. See page 75 in the manual, top right hand corner.

OP
OP

suprasteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
If the truck can't read thee flob, then you should get a error message on the screen. See page 75 in the manual, top right hand corner.
got ya, I did test that as well and it did not behave that way when the fault happened. just a black screen.
Sponsored