Sergman84

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost 4x2
Hey all

I’ve noticed my pro power onboard always shows the wattage being less than 200 watts and on. I have never turned it on but it shows like it’s constantly on.

and today when I turned it off and tried to test it by clicking the TEST button, it said it noticed a ground fault.
Should I get this looked at by the dealer? What’s the fix
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Breath.....
First of all the test, especially the first time you do it, will result exactly as you describe. Arguably that's what the test tests! Although admittedly it is confusing to show a failure message to the customer and NOT expect them to be concerned.

As for the <200 watts.....

That's actually accurate.
If you aren't pulling more than 200watts than it's simply informing you that the ProPower onboard system has less than 200watts draw on it.
If you click on Generator mode, you will see both banks displayed and still there will be less than 200watts being drawn.

Your truck has electrical outlets in the interior that supply power even if you are not in generator mode. I never tested them before to see if that screen shows the wattage draw for non generator mode but I suspect it does?

If you just want to verify everything is working normally, test all your outlets with some electrical device like a drill? It'll all make sense after you play with it.

Congratulations on your wickedly awesome truck
:)

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Also worth noting that it will default to on every time you start the engine, to provide power to the outlets in the cab.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Your truck has electrical outlets in the interior that supply power even if you are not in generator mode. I never tested them before to see if that screen shows the wattage draw for non generator mode but I suspect it does?
It will show the load even when ProPower/generator mode isn't on. I don't know how much you get in that mode, but I've heard you're limited to 400W. I was at ~250W when I checked it.

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Also worth noting that it will default to on every time you start the engine, to provide power to the outlets in the cab.
God i hate that.. i wish there was a way to turn it off.. I hate the fan noise.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
God i hate that.. i wish there was a way to turn it off.. I hate the fan noise.
It only defaults to on for non-Powerboost trucks, and there also isn't a fan noise on Powerboost trucks when it is running (unless a radiator fan kicks on).
Sponsored