Ground fault message during test

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
While test driving a 21 Powerboost Lariat I found a test mode in the Pro Onboard feature. When I hit the test button it would tell me "Ground fault error". Has anybody experienced this before? Is it due to it maybe not having anything plugged in or maybe something else? I intend to mention it to the dealer if it's out if the norm.
Sponsored

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
While test driving a 21 Powerboost Lariat I found a test mode in the Pro Onboard feature. When I hit the test button it would tell me "Ground fault error". Has anybody experienced this before? Is it due to it maybe not having anything plugged in or maybe something else? I intend to mention it to the dealer if it's out if the norm.
mine does that too. I also get that message when I plug a heavy load into the 30 amp plug. Haven’t informed the dealer yet

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
TEST
Is actually creating a ground fault, I would be inclined to believe.
Same as the outlets in your kitchen, bath, and garage.

If you push TEST and nothing happens, your ground fault protection is faulty and the device must be replaced.

If plugging in a high load device and it trips, either the rating of device is too high or there is a ground fault within the device itself.
Some equipment needs to go to ground to operate—-like a welder.

Hectort713

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor
I actually went to ford service about this and this is a know issue, Ford is aware of the situation and they will send an OTA update to your truck once they have figure it out. There is a report already open for ford to fix this.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
im not there is anything to fix.
TEST is exactly that—creating a ground fault.
I’d be more concerned if you did not get a warning message.
Pretty sure there is a method for quickly resetting, but I don’t know.
I don’t have any of those outlets on mine

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I actually went to ford service about this and this is a know issue, Ford is aware of the situation and they will send an OTA update to your truck once they have figure it out. There is a report already open for ford to fix this.
My 1 month old f150 powerboost constantly errors on this groundfault thing . I cant reset it so its useless .i wish i never bought it and sad i cant return it . Main utility for this truck was use of generator.
Ford F-150 Ground fault message during test Screenshot_20211208-055316_AOL
Ford F-150 Ground fault message during test Screenshot_20211208-190749_FordPass

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
im not there is anything to fix.
TEST is exactly that—creating a ground fault.
I’d be more concerned if you did not get a warning message.
Pretty sure there is a method for quickly resetting, but I don’t know.
I don’t have any of those outlets on mine
unfortunately mine wont reset so the utility of this truck is zero for what i intended .

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4X4 Powerboost
Occupation
Southeastern Ok St University
Hello all, I have a 2021 F150 with Powerboost and Pro Power Onboard that I just bought . I kept getting a mesage which said <200 watts available for the inside outlets and then when you press the PPOB power or Generator button, the bed outlets report <200 watts on the 12 inch screen but turn green. I tried plugging a 110 Volt light in each outlet and they all work correctly and the switch logic works correctly and when you run the GFI test, the outlets stop working and can be reset with the reset button on the screen. When I perform the self-test, it results in the Ground Fault detected. Ford has issued an SSM 50270 which says this: Some 2021 F-150 vehicles with ProPower Onboard may exhibit a message in the touchscreen stating Pro Power Onboard Turned Off Ground Fault Detected, after performing the Pro Power Onboard test function. This is a normal response after performing the test and full system function may be restored after pressing the on-screen RESET button. Inform customers that engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition and will be released via an over the air (OTA) software update expected in April of 2022. The software will update automatically if Vehicle Connectivity is turned ON. Inform the customer that durability is not affected and they can continue to drive the vehicle. Contact the customer in May of 2022 to determine if they received the update. If the customer needs assistance, schedule a follow-up appointment. Monitor OASIS for updates. Keep your Ford Pass set to receive automatic updates and hopefully, in April this issue will be fixed!
Sponsored