First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Lariat on 18 December 2020. I was initially told that I would receive the vehicle in 4-6 weeks. I had to rent a Dodge Ram TWICE to pull my wife’s camper back and forth from New Jersey for a job she was working at a nuclear plant.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Lariat on 18 December 2020. I was initially told that I would receive the vehicle in 4-6 weeks. I had to rent a Dodge Ram TWICE to pull my wife’s camper back and forth from New Jersey for a job she was working at a nuclear plant.
Wow! And no truck yet? They sure were throwing a bunch of crap at you with that short of a delivery time. At least mine said expect 16 weeks, or 20 weeks, or ?? weeks.
Mine just got updated to 8/7. Ordered 3/12

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Wow! And no truck yet? They sure were throwing a bunch of crap at you with that short of a delivery time. At least mine said expect 16 weeks, or 20 weeks, or ?? weeks.
Mine just got updated to 8/7. Ordered 3/12
I am waiting until mine "updates" still stuck on 10/31. Ordered 3/16, 4/28 Blend.

dkpag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat - on order...again
Got my VIN number today and plugged it into the tracker only to find out the dealer entered the wrong options on the truck. Tow mirrors for my RV were missing. Had to cancel and reorder. FYI the build sheet was correct. Glad I caught it early in the process.

By the way, CS gave us the VIN number when we called today looking for information. We did not know the order had been picked up.

Sponsored

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I hit them up on Facebook, IG and Twitter. I get the same response from Steven all the time essentially saying there is nothing they can do, they are processing orders in the order they were received.

Trying to reach out to them again last week and told them not to waste their time with new case numbers or trying to blow smoke up my ass that they are building/shipping in the order they were received. Messages have gone unanswered since Friday morning. ? They used to respond within a day or two. I'm sure Steven is pretty busy. ?

I find them pretty useless and an automated bot would be just as useful on a chat.
Back in April my new Limited sat in the rail yard in North Houston for 9 days because they wouldn’t deliver it to the dealership in South Houston until they had a full truck. This was after several months of delays.

What has shocked me the most is that many of the processes at the dealership that I assume worked smoothly before seem to have broken down when the inventory dried up. I’m taking about simple call backs, service, etc. Maybe it was always bad. This is my first Ford.

nathand

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F-150, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Farmer
My original query was to ask the method of shipping and time frame from KC to Southern Ontario.
Hi Bill, Curious, what was the timing? I ordered at Leslie's in Harriston so mine will likely take the exact same route. Ordered March 3rd and told last week that tentative build date is July 7th. We'll see. Nathan

OP
OP
Floatman

Floatman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 500A, 2021 lariat 502A
Occupation
Retired- Livin' the Dream
Hi Bill, Curious, what was the timing? I ordered at Leslie's in Harriston so mine will likely take the exact same route. Ordered March 3rd and told last week that tentative build date is July 7th. We'll see. Nathan
My Ford Customer Service rep had no idea! She said she would give me all she could access, which is the same as we find on the trackers available to us. Mine says in transit and end date of the 28th of July which will be a week late for my vacation. Figures, since nothing else has gone as expected.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Back in April my new Limited sat in the rail yard in North Houston for 9 days because they wouldn’t deliver it to the dealership in South Houston until they had a full truck. This was after several months of delays.

What has shocked me the most is that many of the processes at the dealership that I assume worked smoothly before seem to have broken down when the inventory dried up. I’m taking about simple call backs, service, etc. Maybe it was always bad. This is my first Ford.
Throw a knuckleball at Corporate Ford or their dealerships and they are totally lost.

I'm typically a GM guy, only other ford, we drove by a dealer back in 2010 and drove off the lot with a Flex. I think that is they way they like to do business, simple. If the tow capacity was in the GMC and the 2022 interior, I would have stuck with what I have bought over the last 25yrs, GM.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Letter from Ford.

Hello Scott,

First off, thank you for ordering an all-new 2021 F-series.

And look, we know F-Series owners understand a thing or two about accountability. Showing up for your family, for your community, for your business is one of the most important things you do.

We share that belief here in Dearborn, which makes this update all the more difficult. Unfortunately, delivery of your new 2021 F-Series is delayed.

Covid-19 supply base challenges combined with the global semiconductor chip shortage are impacting our ability to keep up with demand.

That's no excuse, but it is a reality. One we're rolling up our sleeves to tackle every day.

We want you to know how sorry we are, and that we're working day and night to fix the situation. We're looking at every option to get trucks into driveways sooner.

Rest assured that the delayed delivery of your truck isn't related solely to the date you placed your order. These delays are related to the supply problems created by the chip shortage.

We also want you to know how much we appreciate your patience and loyalty. On top of other incentives that you might qualify for, we'd like to give you a $100 Amazon Gift Card.

We are working nonstop to get your truck to you as soon as possible and we're committed to keeping you and your dealer updated on the situation. This isn't just logistics to us, it's about honoring an agreement between you and each worker on the line, at the dealership, and with the Ford Truck Team. An agreement that says every truck we build is Build Ford Tough. Simple as that.

SIncerely,

The Ford F-Series Team.
Sponsored