First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
retired law enforcement
I recently put a down payment on a 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost at a dealership in Upstate N.Y. The truck status on the dealership website says "In-transit". The salesman told me that the truck is built and gave me a receipt with a VIN# on it. He also told me that it's more than likely that it's sitting in a parking lot waiting for a chip(s).

The truck I got is a Lariat High/Sport package, Atlas blue, moonroof, Pro-Power Onboard 7.2, spray-in bedliner, Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist, with the optional 20 inch black wheels. The truck also shows up on the Ford website when you log in and enter the VIN#.

Can anyone here better explain to me what "In-Transit" means and how long it may take? I apologize ahead of time if this particular topic is covered in depth in another thread.

Ford F-150 "In-Transit" 1647989666293
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
As far as I know in transit means just that. It has left the plant and is on a train somewhere.
if it was on chip hold it should say ‘chip hold’

shipping can take anywhere from a day to 3 months.

I think the dealer should have a bit more info that just ‘in transit‘ ask him for the vvr (vehicle visibility report)

OP
OP
MattCarey678

MattCarey678

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
retired law enforcement
As far as I know in transit means just that. It has left the plant and is on a train somewhere.
if it was on chip hold it should say ‘chip hold’

shipping can take anywhere from a day to 3 months.

I think the dealer should have a bit more info that just ‘in transit‘ ask him for the vvr (vehicle visibility report)
Thank you for the response. Hopefully it's completely built and not waiting for a chip.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor