I was today years old when I learned this

dogboye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Maybe ive been living under a rock but I just found out late last night that if you pull the trailer wiring plug out with the truck locked the alarm goes off.
My neighbors know about this feature now as well lol
We found this in our '23 Powerboost (XLT) similarly to you: at the same time a lot of other people found out about it. Round plug. Haven't even towed with flat plug yet.
Sponsored

Lucafu1

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 and 2023 F150
I found this out as well on my 21 STX.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Now, if I could lower my tailgate and start my truck from the exterior keypad. Those have always been on my wish list.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Maybe ive been living under a rock but I just found out late last night that if you pull the trailer wiring plug out with the truck locked the alarm goes off.
My neighbors know about this feature now as well lol
outstanding SHIPMATE 🤗

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Now, if I could lower my tailgate and start my truck from the exterior keypad. Those have always been on my wish list.
Enter code and then hit last button.

I don't understand benefit to starting from keypad. I have opened door hit brake and start button with hands while standing outside to get air circulating while I throw stuff in the back seat.

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I don't understand benefit to starting from keypad. I have opened door hit brake and start button with hands while standing outside to get air circulating while I throw stuff in the back seat.

Can you explain this in better detail please. Say code is 12345. I've tried 12345 and 5 then tried 12345 and the very bottom button on keypad with no luck. Locked or unlocked. Believe I read where the new Superduty was doing it but was unaware of the 150's.

As for staring, why not 🤷‍♂️

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Can you explain this in better detail please. Say code is 12345. I've tried 12345 and 5 then tried 12345 and the very bottom button on keypad with no luck. Locked or unlocked. Believe I read where the new Superduty was doing it but was unaware of the 150's.

As for staring, why not 🤷‍♂️
Sorry, I just saw you have 2023.
No tailgate drop for you.
2021 was the last year with that option from the keypad.

You should be able to enter your code, then hit 3/4 to unlock all the cab doors though.

Hit the bottom two buttons together at any time to lock all the doors. This is useful if you need to walk away and leave your keys in the truck.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, I just saw you have 2023.
No tailgate drop for you.
2021 was the last year with that option from the keypad.

You should be able to enter your code, then hit 3/4 to unlock all the cab doors though.

Hit the bottom two buttons together at any time to lock all the doors. This is useful if you need to walk away and leave your keys in the truck.
I use the lock and unlock features. Had no idea they gave the gate to the 21's though and not the 23's. Weird, seems like an obvious software trigger, nothing more. I'm sure Ford has their reasons that make sense to them, not so much to me. Thanks for the education.

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I dontbhave the tailgate drop or anything since I have stx but I'm wondering if there's something in forscan you could change.
I'd figured someone may have already done it if it was possible tho. I dunno I have 0 experience with forscan just throwing out ideas. Lol

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
I've had the trailer alarm malfunction twice while camping. I have a super small teardrop trailer and if I'm overnight camping I'll just level it and leave everything hooked up. Alarm goes off in the middle of the night with no physical changes. Very well could be the trailer, it's like the lightest electrical load ever for the lights.
So anyway, now while I'm camping, I always disconnect.
Sponsored