First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lariat, 2011 f250 lariat
Occupation
Retired
2023 lariat w trailer tow package. Rear 3 3/4 in higher than front. Not crazy about look. Anyone addressed this? I might level. Won’t lift. Thx
Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Almost everyone addresses that little 'issue' Many options available.
1. Add spacer blocks to front struts to raise front
2. Remove rear spacer blocks from between rear axle and leaf springs
3. Upgrade front shocks to an adjustable height variety

One thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyone-remove-rear-blocks.3779/

or use the search function and look for "reverse level"

Reactions: 780

vinnie45acp

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Sport/Black out/502A
Occupation
Logistics
Almost everyone addresses that little 'issue' Many options available.
1. Add spacer blocks to front struts to raise front
2. Remove rear spacer blocks from between rear axle and leaf springs
3. Upgrade front shocks to an adjustable height variety

One thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyone-remove-rear-blocks.3779/

or use the search function and look for "reverse level"
When you removed your rear Block, did you ever go back and add a 2 or 2.5 degree shim? have you noticed any vibrations at any speed especially low speeds? You did that a while ago, how has it been, handled, felt since you removed them?

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
When you removed your rear Block, did you ever go back and add a 2 or 2.5 degree shim? have you noticed any vibrations at any speed especially low speeds? You did that a while ago, how has it been, handled, felt since you removed them?
I have the SuperCrew, 6.5' bed (157" wheel base) with max tow. I took out a square block, there was no taper to it, so I didn't see a reason to put any shim's in there, the entire truck moved 'down' 1.5" so I don't believe the pinion angle changed at all on my truck. Now I did not measure it before or after so I don't really know. but my brain convinces me it's not an issue, and 2 years of driving it that way has not shown any signs of vibration or u-joint failure.

If you have the means to do so, it's certainly not a bad thing to check, it should be less than 3 degrees.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I have the SuperCrew, 6.5' bed (157" wheel base) with max tow. I took out a square block, there was no taper to it, so I didn't see a reason to put any shim's in there, the entire truck moved 'down' 1.5" so I don't believe the pinion angle changed at all on my truck. Now I did not measure it before or after so I don't really know. but my brain convinces me it's not an issue, and 2 years of driving it that way has not shown any signs of vibration or u-joint failure.

If you have the means to do so, it's certainly not a bad thing to check, it should be less than 3 degrees.

I had 50K miles on my 2018 with the rear blocks removed. No suspension or drivetrain issues at all when I sold it.

Area5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SCrew FX4 MTP
2023 lariat w trailer tow package. Rear 3 3/4 in higher than front. Not crazy about look. Anyone addressed this? I might level. Won’t lift. Thx
Yes i just put on a Rough Country kit with an adjustable struts and new control arms for good measure.
Sponsored