Sponsored

Help. Will not start, ignition tries to fire but nothing...2021 F150 502A

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So after an 8 hour trip pulled up, backed into the driveway, parked. The drive is about a 30 degree slope, and I backed in (so front is tilted down)

I say all this because maybe it contributes. Fuel mileage says I have 93km left. I'm wonder if there is not enough gas to turn it over but that is ridiculous.

So I get in, lights on. Push button start and it probably tries to turn over 10 times before it stops. It just won't fire. But all accessory lights active, I can roll the windows etc.

So what do I do, how do I shift out of park and into neutral to bring it down the drove to flat and try again?

Or do I just call the tow and bring it to the dealership?

Help.

Thanks!
Sponsored

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
So after an 8 hour trip pulled up, backed into the driveway, parked. The drive is about a 30 degree slope, and I backed in (so front is tilted down)

I say all this because maybe it contributes. Fuel mileage says I have 93km left. I'm wonder if there is not enough gas to turn it over but that is ridiculous.

So I get in, lights on. Push button start and it probably tries to turn over 10 times before it stops. It just won't fire. But all accessory lights active, I can roll the windows etc.

So what do I do, how do I shift out of park and into neutral to bring it down the drove to flat and try again?

Or do I just call the tow and bring it to the dealership?

Help.

Thanks!
This was something my dealer warned me about. When the tank is below 1/8 full, some slopes can cause gas to not be at the fuel pump causing a no start.

Add some gas via can (fuel fill funnel behind passenger rear seat), or try to put truck in neutral and roll to more level ground to get fuel back to the pump, is what my sales manager told me.

OP
OP
KDK

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you I will try this in the morning when my hangover is finished.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
2-tips...

1. If you can get it into Neutral, push the “Manual” button on your shifter and it will put your truck in “Neutral Mode” for 30-min so you can move it.

2. There’s a trim piece below your steering wheel that folds down. Inside there’s a strap. Pull it and it will disengage your transmission and basically put it in Neutral BUT… you have to quickly disconnect your battery or it will engage your parking brake and lock your rear wheels.

I’ll post pictures for the “strap” tomorrow if I have time…

I don’t recommend reading WHY I know this but if you must…

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/inside-your-2021-5-0-at-3500-miles.8526/

Reactions: KDK

Sponsored

OP
OP
KDK

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well, put gas in it and it fired up first try. So unfortunately parking on tilt with low gas, yes the fuel pump will be empty.

How do people in San Fran with low fuel start their trucks? ?

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Well, put gas in it and it fired up first try. So unfortunately parking on tilt with low gas, yes the fuel pump will be empty.

How do people in San Fran with low fuel start their trucks? ?
People in San Fran make $200k+ a year or live in a tent under the overpass and don't have such problems. :oops:
Sponsored

Last edited: