Help Needed With Decision!!

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Viewed max recline as key option for “in-truck” camping. Planning trip to Grand Canyon, New Mexico and through Utah and planning on sleeping in truck about 1/2 the time! Outside of that trip - and maybe others - doubt I would ever use.
The seats are quite comfy and im sure rake back quite a bit without the max recline option
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Especially because you said you currently don't need a new truck I agree wait. I have Parking assist, 6.5' SCrew Agate Black Powerboost. Love the color, only second black car in 30 years thought I was going to be a slave to keeping it clean, not as bad as I thought. As far as Parking Assist, have it, but have used it once to show off. I have had lots of practice parking over the years and with the 360 camera view parking is a breeze; never touch the little button again. My vote is very much wait for the color and options you want. I thought I would miss Panoramic Glass Roof and honestly we haven't. Our 18 had it, but there's so much glass letting light in on these trucks, I don't really miss it. I would've told you no Moonroof, no deal, but don't mind it at all. (Don't misunderstand, get what you want, but for me, things I thought I needed I live fine without. Now the 6.5' bed that we've never had before, that is turning into a must have. Oh and lifting my tailgate with my knee because my hands are greasy or full and having it close itself what a difference those two things make. Good luck!

Ford F-150 Help Needed With Decision!! IMG_20211010_151422

Ford F-150 Help Needed With Decision!! IMG_20211010_151449

Ford F-150 Help Needed With Decision!! IMG_20211010_151457

Last edited:
OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
Especially because you said you currently don't need a new truck I agree wait. I have Parking assist, 6.5' SCrew Agate Black Powerboost. Love the color, only s come black car in 30 years and never once used Parking Assist. I have had lots of practice parking over the years and 360 camera view and parking is a breeze. Never touch the little button. My vote is very much wait for the color and options you want. I thought I would miss Panoramic Glass Roof and honestly haven't. Our 18 had it, but there's no much glass letting light in, don't really miss it. I would have told you, no way, no Moonroof, deal breaker; don't mind it at all. (Don't misunderstand, get what you want, but for me, things I thought I needed we're not missing. Now the 6.5' bed that we've never had before, that is turning into a must have. Can't believe what a difference that foot or so makes.

IMG_20211010_151422.jpg

IMG_20211010_151449.jpg

IMG_20211010_151457.jpg
Beautiful truck!! And thanks for comments! I guess reading all these comments about option deletion and de-contenting actions by Ford sort of got to me!

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
I have a black truck I'm trading in for my ordered iconic silver. Just my opinion. Black is great when it's clean and shiny which lasts about 2 hours of driving.
I have always had black trucks..

This one I was like no more and bought iconic Silver.

6 months later i ordered a 2022 King Ranch in you guessed it.. BLACK!

I thought I could go with the silver but it just doesnt do it for me and find it looks much cheaper than the same truck in black.

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
Thank you everyone who provided comments. I appreciate your input and thoughts. After sleeping on it and meeting with local dealer this morning I decided to stick with my order (with out-of-state dealer). Will keep fingers crossed that, when its time, I actually get the truck I ordered!! Thanks again everyone!!

Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Thank you everyone who provided comments. I appreciate your input and thoughts. After sleeping on it and meeting with local dealer this morning I decided to stick with my order (with out-of-state dealer). Will keep fingers crossed that, when its time, I actually get the truck I ordered!! Thanks again everyone!!
Good I choice I think. The 360 camera and tow tech constraints only impact trims where it is optional. Those are an included option with the Platinum, therefore not constrained.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I bought a new 79 Chev c10 before I turned 19.
The black paint just floored me and begged, “take me home”.
This was long before black was a common color in anything, let alone a pickup.
(We lived in a sea of harvest gold, avocado, lemon yellow, and some weird blue)
Drove black vehicles for a long time.
Finally sold my black 59 ElCamino a couple of years ago thinking “There goes my last black vehicle”
Gorgeous cars, but I’m getting too old to keep them looking perfect in this south Texas heat and humidity.
the old black chevy is still at the side of house returning to earth, but my current (66 ElCamino, 65 Ranchero, 21 F150) are all blue.
Sponsored