Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Part number for the HVAC unit with heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and temps in the dials is: ML3Z-19980-K

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_0600
Sponsored

Jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Well, I was able to get the button to show up on the screen but it is greyed out and I can't select it. Not sure where to go from here, I've tried everything that was previously stated in this thread as far as I know, I think there's just some sort of difference with the Lightning that I don't know yet.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
^you tried the super-duty edit?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well, I was able to get the button to show up on the screen but it is greyed out and I can't select it. Not sure where to go from here, I've tried everything that was previously stated in this thread as far as I know, I think there's just some sort of difference with the Lightning that I don't know yet.
Did you enable heated wheel in the hvac module ?

Jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Did you enable heated wheel in the hvac module ?
Yes, at least according to the settings that were provided. Lightnings could be different. I'm hoping that someone will post the forscan data for a lightning that has a heated steering wheel so that I can verify it.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Same as ICE

733-01-02xxxAxxxxxxxx

Or 9 depending on what you have

Gallagher023

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 LARIAT 501A
Where has everyone been grounding there power cable is everyone doing it off the bolts behind the sccm or is there another location close by to run the ground from the sccm?

Jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Is there a way to force the heated steering wheel to come on just so I can test it and make sure it's working?

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
Where has everyone been grounding there power cable is everyone doing it off the bolts behind the sccm or is there another location close by to run the ground from the sccm?

solder a yellow ring loop onto the grounding end of the harness and unscrew one of the 3 torx screws all the way out. Put the loop end on and tighten the screw no need to add a nut to the back side of the screw, if your worried add a dap of blue locktight to the screw

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information image0

Sponsored

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
If anyone needs a WPT-404 cable i ended up with and extra one. $30 shipped

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_3485 (1)

armz52

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 302A
Could anyone point me in the direction of a ready made harness? Boosted Grey Goose has been out of stock for a while and I can’t muster up the courage to make my own as I feel I’d burn my truck down.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Could anyone point me in the direction of a ready made harness? Boosted Grey Goose has been out of stock for a while and I can’t muster up the courage to make my own as I feel I’d burn my truck down.
I can make one I guess.. I dont know it would be a big seller. It is only two wires. one ground the other runs to the BCM. It is probably the easiest harness to make.

armz52

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 302A
I can make one I guess.. I dont know it would be a big seller. It is only two wires. one ground the other runs to the BCM. It is probably the easiest harness to make.
Correct me if I’m wrong: one end will be WPT-404 connector from the SCCM, running 18 gauge wire (power/ground) to the BCM/ground point. WT-1004 is the terminal needed to connect power into the BCM?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Make the ground intercept something near the column -- the other one floating around is poo trying to intercept near the BCM.
Sponsored