First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Other than the harness that you made, what additional parts did you need to make it work on your XLT?
So I got a new SCCM, heated wheel, connector for behind the SCCM and one pin connector that goes into the bcm. If you look back I think around page 8 or so and then forward from there guys have posted all the part numbers and pictures of the connectors etc. other than that a little forscan work and that’s it. I am just using the soft button on the screen to toggle it on and off.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
I just completed the mod today with parts from Boosted Grey Goose. Luckily, he sent the SCCM along with the clock spring as I needed both. I've got a 23 Platinum and also replaced the HVAC.
So I've got the spare harness laying about now that I'll have to list in the forum later along with a SCCM (that I broke two tabs off of on accident), clock spring, and HVAC module.
I purchased this kit as well pending some free time to install. A couple questions:
Did the forscan changes from the kit enable all functions? I only ask because when i have tried to compare the kit instructions to posts back a while in this thread i have seen a few extra changes ppl have made but have had trouble tracking which were eventually noted as unnecessary and which stuck
-on with button
-on with remote start
-on when cold
Did you replace the steering wheel bolt? ford recommends it but seems to be some debate on if it is really necessary or not

any other issues? i saw post above from folks trying to get the lighted controls and losing heated seat function.

Last edited:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I purchased this kit as well pending some free time to install. A couple questions:
Did the forscan changes from the kit enable all functions? I only ask because when i have tried to compare the kit to posts back a while in this thread i have seen a few extra changes ppl have made but have had trouble tracking which were eventually noted as unnecessary and which stuck
-on with button
-on with remote start
-on when cold
Did you replace the steering wheel bolt? ford recommends it but seems to be some debate on if it is really necessary or not

any other issues? i saw post above from folks trying to get the lighted controls and losing heated seat function.
I think this is more of a CYA on Ford's part. If it breaks while you're driving, you lose steering which could quickly become catastrophic. I'm certainly NOT going to recommend against changing it though. I may or may not have changed my steering wheel bolt when I did my swap

Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning XLT (SR 311A) '23 Genesis GV60
Thanks. I guess I can just put a vinyl sticker over the cooled seat buttons then if they get annoying to look at (mostly because I don't want to fork out the money for the ventilated seats).
Alright now I'm changing my mind and considering doing the ventilated seats. I tried searching on the forum and couldn't find out, does anyone know the part number for the heating/ventilated seat components? Looks like it is a peltier+fan setup from what I can gather.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Alright now I'm changing my mind and considering doing the ventilated seats. I tried searching on the forum and couldn't find out, does anyone know the part number for the heating/ventilated seat components? Looks like it is a peltier+fan setup from what I can gather.
You *might* be better off buying some seats out of a wrecked truck it might save a little to buy the parts and retrofit them, but I think it’ll save you A LOT of headache just swapping seats

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You *might* be better off buying some seats out of a wrecked truck it might save a little to buy the parts and retrofit them, but I think it’ll save you A LOT of headache just swapping seats
Well it depends... I saw some 15-20 'seat fans' for under $100. I think I'd be waiting a long time trying to find seats from a local salvage.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Well it depends... I saw some 15-20 'seat fans' for under $100. I think I'd be waiting a long time trying to find seats from a local salvage.
Ya know, when I’m thinking parts like the fan motors, my brain always goes to “new” but then I sit here and suggest buying used seats lol.

that may be a way to do it. It can certainly be done, but if you have cloth seats (I assume you do?) you may also have to reupholster them with perforated leather seats

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ya know, when I’m thinking parts like the fan motors, my brain always goes to “new” but then I sit here and suggest buying used seats lol.

that may be a way to do it. It can certainly be done, but if you have cloth seats (I assume you do?) you may also have to reupholster them with perforated leather seats
Yeah I think I care more about the heated part... regarding the cloth seats I was going to talk to an upholstery person I know and see if they can think of a way to perforate the cloth without causing it to damage over time (thinking like putting in nylon/plastic plugs that have a hole or something) or just see how it does cooling. To be honest, I didn't notice much issues over the summer with the cloth compared to leather that gets quite hot sitting in the sun.

Sponsored

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Anyone see the SCCM/Clock Spring in stock anywhere? ML3Z-3F791-BB

Looking like it's still on back order everywhere. Ordered one last night as the site didn't say anything about being out of stock. Then got an email today its on backorder... Looks like eBay is all cleaned out as well.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Anyone see the SCCM/Clock Spring in stock anywhere? ML3Z-3F791-BB

Looking like it's still on back order everywhere. Ordered one last night as the site didn't say anything about being out of stock. Then got an email today its on backorder... Looks like eBay is all cleaned out as well.
The reason HSW’s are being deleted is because of a shortage of whatever goes into the SCCM’s that allows the heater controls to be passed through. Or at least that’s how it seems based on the 23 platinums being delivered

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
The reason HSW’s are being deleted is because of a shortage of whatever goes into the SCCM’s that allows the heater controls to be passed through. Or at least that’s how it seems based on the 23 platinums being delivered
Correct. I just wondered if someone had a hook up is all.

I am going to check my 23 lariat today to see if it has harness already.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Correct. I just wondered if someone had a hook up is all.

I am going to check my 23 lariat today to see if it has harness already.
Hopefully it has everything you need

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare