Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew STX 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks John for the note-

it can definitely work on the 8” screen you just have to mess with the APIM settings a fair bit, I had to change my truck to pretend like it’s a super duty (APIM) as well as enable heated and cooled seats (APIM) and all of a sudden it worked! Keep in mind I have never had an OTA update since 2021 though

you also have to make the changes to HSW in the SCCM as per all the other guidance

IMG_3118.jpeg

I now have a couple of weird settings like ‘turn on cooled seats at startup’ but other that that it works perfect
That is so awesome and good news for me!
Thank you for responding and the support from everyone here!
Interesting how the icon appears. So is everyone grabbing the power for HSW at fues box I assume from what I have been reading.
Sponsored

dogs4kids

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5’ bed 3.5L gas
On my Lariat, the SCCM did not have the two pins that are needed for the heated wheel. I was able to swap the SCCM, I did swap the HVAC module. The wiring process was the two wires, one to ground and one to the BCM. That was all.
I have a '23 Lariat that came w/o the HSW wiring. I replaced the SCCM and steering wheel and made the FORSCAN changes. The soft button shows in the climate controls, but doesn't do anything. I've seen many comments about connecting the wires, but no specifics. Where do I connect the power wire to the steering wheel and the BCM? Can anyone provide pics of where the hot wire is inserted into the plug and BCM? TIA

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT 302A 4x4 CCSB 3.5L EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have a '23 Lariat that came w/o the HSW wiring. I replaced the SCCM and steering wheel and made the FORSCAN changes. The soft button shows in the climate controls, but doesn't do anything. I've seen many comments about connecting the wires, but no specifics. Where do I connect the power wire to the steering wheel and the BCM? Can anyone provide pics of where the hot wire is inserted into the plug and BCM? TIA
BCM pin location below:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...fit-updated-with-information.6022/post-289356

For the steering wheel side, assuming you have the correct harness, the connector plugs into the back of the SCCM.

dogs4kids

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are my connections. Where would another one plug in?
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_1357
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_1356

Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
@dogs4kids

TSB from Ford on the HSW and some pictures I have.
Brown plug from the steering wheel plugs on the front side of the SSCM
Gray plug on the back side of the steering wheel - this is your ground and BCM power

The SSCM you bought need to have the pins for both these plugs front and back side.

Most people buy the whole assembly so they know the pins are there.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_4703

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_4702

Attachments

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
That looks like adaptive steering components. Pic of the factory wheel?
He's got you above. You separated the clock spring from the SCCM, but you need them both as it's the SCCM where things plug into and relay heat power.

That's the issue with long threads.

dogs4kids

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He's got you above. You separated the clock spring from the SCCM, but you need them both as it's the SCCM where things plug into and relay heat power.

That's the issue with long threads.
Thank you SO MUCH, JScaro and HammaMan! I bought the SCCM but didn’t install it. Now I understand the need for it. I’ll do that next
Sponsored