Sponsored

Is there a way to turn off Approach lighting feature?

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I'm curious if you experience a slight delay in the door unlocking when you position your hand around the handle. If I walk straight up to my 22 Powerboost and pull the handle, it will still be locked. I have to let my hand sit behind the handle for just half a second and then it unlocks. I was fine with it until I drove a 21 Excursion over the weekend which had the same feature but operated very quickly. There was pretty much no way I could pull the handle fast enough to catch it still locked on the Excursion. I know there is some stuff stripped off the 22's that 21's had due to the chip shortage...wondering if there was some change in proximity sensor from 21 to 22 that caused the degraded performance.
Yep, I definitely have a delay, and it can be easily observed. I'd say it's less than a second - probably about spot on to your 1/2 second observation on your 2022.
Sponsored

Airforcetxn

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Powerboost. Reservation on Lightning.
Occupation
Stupid Computer Tricks
Yep, I definitely have a delay, and it can be easily observed. I'd say it's less than a second - probably about spot on to your 1/2 second observation on your 2022.
Thanks. On one hand, it's good to know I'm not broken. On the other hand, sucks to know that it's by design. It was so smooth on that '21 Excursion I drove, now it bothers me. #firstworldproblems

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thanks. On one hand, it's good to know I'm not broken. On the other hand, sucks to know that it's by design. It was so smooth on that '21 Excursion I drove, now it bothers me. #firstworldproblems
I feel ya. So many times I pull the handle and it's still locked... LOL

Another one I have a problem with is the lock button the handle. on my '17 a slight brush of it and the door would lock. On my '22 I often have to put a conscious effort to hold my finger there long enough to lock the doors.

My wife's Explorer does all this so much better and to top it off, you can lock/unlock the car from any of the 4 doors. I have no clue why this isn't an feature on $70k trucks, but it is on a $40k Explorer. There are plenty of times that I just wand to open the back door and not have to open the front.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I feel ya. So many times I pull the handle and it's still locked... LOL

Another one I have a problem with is the lock button the handle. on my '17 a slight brush of it and the door would lock. On my '22 I often have to put a conscious effort to hold my finger there long enough to lock the doors.

My wife's Explorer does all this so much better and to top it off, you can lock/unlock the car from any of the 4 doors. I have no clue why this isn't an feature on $70k trucks, but it is on a $40k Explorer. There are plenty of times that I just wand to open the back door and not have to open the front.
Yes, the locking one is where I feel the pain the most. I seem to really have to focus putting my finger on the button to get it to lock. Just casually hitting the lock button on the handle only works about maybe 20% of the time. I'm finding that I have to line it up and make a concerted effort.
Sponsored