Sponsored

HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
So looking at the builder, adding the HDPP package you get specific 18 wheels with a LT265/70/18 tire. However when you look at the wheel itself it says comes with 275/65/18 tire. Do we know which it is?

Ford F-150 HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question 1641480699703
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
It's both; when you add HDPP, you get C load range 265/70R18 tires but when you add the optional HDPP wheels to a non heavy duty payload package 4X4 truck you get the 275/65R18 tires.

My HDPP truck came with General Grabber APT LT265/70R18C tires with a full size matching spare on a matching OEM forged alloy wheel.

I just picked up a spare set of HDPP wheels that were on a truck that didn't have the heavy duty payload package, the tires are Michelin Primacy XC 275/65R18 and the truck came with a steel spare.

Hope that helps!

J-C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 5.0 SCREW 157"wb FX4
It's both; when you add HDPP, you get C load range 265/70R18 tires but when you add the optional HDPP wheels to a non heavy duty payload package 4X4 truck you get the 275/65R18 tires.

My HDPP truck came with General Grabber APT LT265/70R18C tires with a full size matching spare on a matching OEM forged alloy wheel.

I just picked up a spare set of HDPP wheels that were on a truck that didn't have the heavy duty payload package, the tires are Michelin Primacy XC 275/65R18 and the truck came with a steel spare.

Hope that helps!
Howdy, Pedaldude. I hope you and your truck are well.
I am _finally_ going to pick up my new truck in about a week. I ended up not opting for the HDPP, but I did add the optional HDPP wheels. As a result (as you informed us us) I'll only be getting 4 of those wheels, with a basic steel spare. The dealer informs me that they charge and arm, leg and first-born for a 5th one of those wheels. Any tips on where I might get just one for a reasonable price, so that I can have 5 of the same alloy wheels?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got an entire spare set of four wheels and very low mileage Michelins on Offerup for $800, which I believe is still less than what Ford’s asking for just a single wheel. I believe that they also have a $50 core charge when you buy a wheel.

eBay should probably start having wheels available from wrecking yards and I have had good luck there when I just needed a single wheel.

Good luck!

I would also be curious to know if they are still fitting the Michelin tires on the optional wheels or if shrinkflation has hit them too and they substitute el cheapo tires. Hopefully not!

Reactions: J-C

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Howdy, Pedaldude. I hope you and your truck are well.
I am _finally_ going to pick up my new truck in about a week. I ended up not opting for the HDPP, but I did add the optional HDPP wheels. As a result (as you informed us us) I'll only be getting 4 of those wheels, with a basic steel spare
good choice on the wheels.
I got them as well on my 21.
not pricey and don’t really care if the neighborhood dogs pee on them.
They are also not nearly as common as most upgraded wheels or even the base XL.
my 4x4 came with the 275-65/18 Michelin primacy.

Sponsored

J-C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got an entire spare set of four wheels and very low mileage Michelins on Offerup for $800, which I believe is still less than what Ford’s asking for just a single wheel. I believe that they also have a $50 core charge when you buy a wheel.

eBay should probably start having wheels available from wrecking yards and I have had good luck there when I just needed a single wheel.

Good luck!

I would also be curious to know if they are still fitting the Michelin tires on the optional wheels or if shrinkflation has hit them too and they substitute el cheapo tires. Hopefully not!
I'm going to pick up my truck in a week; I'll try to remember to let you know which tires came with it.
Have you by chance weighed these wheels? I'd love to know the weight difference between the base steel (my assumed spare wheel) and the '18" Silver-Painted' (HDPP) wheels.

J-C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
good choice on the wheels.
I got them as well on my 21.
not pricey and don’t really care if the neighborhood dogs pee on them.
They are also not nearly as common as most upgraded wheels or even the base XL.
my 4x4 came with the 275-65/18 Michelin primacy.
Hey, @Pedaldude and @Bryan Simon: I've got the truck! And here's the relevant update:

1) The four 18" HDPP wheels seem great. I love the look.
2) They came with Michelin Primacy tires. Those seem ok, but not quite the "A/T" I was expecting.
3) The spare sucks. Meaning it's a lame little temp use tire, and it's on a freaking 17" steel rim. What the heck?!

Farmerj

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2020 (2023)
My Falken Wildpeak AT3W SL come with a 116T load index…
Ford F-150 HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question 6BB49D4F-428C-4C8E-81D0-91F3B8B6FB42

Put them on my 2020 XLT the day I came home.
Ford F-150 HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question F2B1D7F1-A3D4-4D82-828B-FCB676F8884F

probably cost me 1-1.4 mpg fuel economy too over the Fortitude HT that were on the truck.
Ford F-150 HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question EF9D81B2-365E-4EBC-BF61-990F0F2BAE4E

this is the LT tire Ford ships with the HDPP truck?

Ford F-150 HDPP 18" wheel/tire size question FEBD8D6D-CE13-4C4C-AAEB-EE80F8A93C0B

Last edited:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you by chance weighed these wheels?
I’m curious to know what they weigh myself. With the heavy spring rate of the HDPP, I might swap out the matching alloy spare for a steel one to add a little weight to the back and soften the ride.

I had planned on putting all terrain tires on my second set of wheels but now I have a 4Runner that I can use for off-road. When the current tires wear out or get punctures that can’t be repaired, I still have the original set; so I should have plenty of time to decide what to do after that.

1) The four 18" HDPP wheels seem great. I love the look.
2) They came with Michelin Primacy tires. Those seem ok, but not quite the "A/T" I was expecting.
3) The spare sucks. Meaning it's a lame little temp use tire, and it's on a freaking 17" steel rim. What the heck?!
18” spares come with trucks with the the Maxtow package, since the 17” rims won’t clear the larger brakes. Shrinkflation has hit the new trucks hard, is it really only a temporary spare? Some of the other trucks with non matching spares at least had them the same size or close to the equipped tires and they were regular tires but cheap brands.

I really like the Michelin Primacy, they give a soft ride and get decent traction.

Congratulations on the new truck!

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Next time someone has one off, would you mind snapping a photo of the weight ratings stamped on the inside of the rim?
Sponsored