Got the new Powerboost today!

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
I was hemming and hawing about ordering a truck since last Fall. I've been just researching everything like a lunatic and it became very apparent to me that ordering a truck now was looking like a 3 month wait and possibly longer with these chip shortages I keep reading about. I test drove one back in January, you can read about that here if you like: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/test-drove-a-powerboost-last-night-first-impressions.1126/

I scoured Ford's site looking for for a 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A with a 157" wheelbase, 7.2KW Pro Power, towing package. I did NOT want a truck in black, white or red and also without a moonroof. Unsurprisingly, that combination is very challenging to find out a dealer lot these days... I found a truck that fit the criteria down in Staten Island at Dana Ford. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the 20" wheels. They do look great on the truck, but I'm not in love with paying $1400 net for wheels or the lower sidewall tires. OH, I'm also a little bummed that I didn't get the FX4 package or the flip-forward center console lid.
Ford F-150 Got the new Powerboost today! 2021FordWindowSticker

I traded in my 2016 F150 5.0L XLT 300A Supercab. It's been an EXCELLENT truck, but now I need something a little fancier, with the bigger cab for the kids. I put 44K miles on it in 5 years. I had one IWE replaced under warranty and that's it, never even a check engine light. Here's a photo after I put it all back to stock this morning to trade:
Ford F-150 Got the new Powerboost today! IMG_1076

On to the new truck! I did all the negotiating via email and phone. The team at Dana Ford was very decent. Pricing and trade was reasonable, especially given the looming shortages and long leads times. They have a lot of stock compared to other dealers in the area, especially hybrids. I only took a couple quick snapshots today
Ford F-150 Got the new Powerboost today! IMG_1082

Ford F-150 Got the new Powerboost today! IMG_1083

I drove it North 2 1/2 hours back to Albany. The trip mileages were between 21-24 MPG if you can believe the computer. I did have a little incident with the infotainment and it rebooted itself while I was talking on a phone call via Apple CarPlay and my brother was fiddling with the settings while I was driving. Hopefully that was just a little dust getting knocked of the circuit boards...

Thanks for reading about my day fellas! See you around the forums.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I was hemming and hawing about ordering a truck since last Fall. I've been just researching everything like a lunatic and it became very apparent to me that ordering a truck now was looking like a 3 month wait and possibly longer with these chip shortages I keep reading about. I test drove one back in January, you can read about that here if you like: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/test-drove-a-powerboost-last-night-first-impressions.1126/

I scoured Ford's site looking for for a 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A with a 157" wheelbase, 7.2KW Pro Power, towing package. I did NOT want a truck in black, white or red and also without a moonroof. Unsurprisingly, that combination is very challenging to find out a dealer lot these days... I found a truck that fit the criteria down in Staten Island at Dana Ford. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the 20" wheels. They do look great on the truck, but I'm not in love with paying $1400 net for wheels or the lower sidewall tires. OH, I'm also a little bummed that I didn't get the FX4 package or the flip-forward center console lid.
2021FordWindowSticker.jpg

I traded in my 2016 F150 5.0L XLT 300A Supercab. It's been an EXCELLENT truck, but now I need something a little fancier, with the bigger cab for the kids. I put 44K miles on it in 5 years. I had one IWE replaced under warranty and that's it, never even a check engine light. Here's a photo after I put it all back to stock this morning to trade:
IMG_1076.jpg

On to the new truck! I did all the negotiating via email and phone. The team at Dana Ford was very decent. Pricing and trade was reasonable, especially given the looming shortages and long leads times. They have a lot of stock compared to other dealers in the area, especially hybrids. I only took a couple quick snapshots today
IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

I drove it North 2 1/2 hours back to Albany. The trip mileages were between 21-24 MPG if you can believe the computer. I did have a little incident with the infotainment and it rebooted itself while I was talking on a phone call via Apple CarPlay and my brother was fiddling with the settings while I was driving. Hopefully that was just a little dust getting knocked of the circuit boards...

Very nice..

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired

2021FordWindowSticker.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

Nice looking truck, I almost got the silver, but opted for red. I like the chrome accent on the steps. Are those factory? My K R have all black rubber. Everytime I step on them AZ foot dust prints are visible!

Sponsored

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
I have never been a big fan of chrome but the silver with chrome has such a nice contrast and looks really classy. It is a beautiful truck! Congrats

OP
OP
DannyboyUpstate

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
Nice looking truck, I almost got the silver, but opted for red. I like the chrome accent on the steps. Are those factory? My K R have all black rubber. Everytime I step on them AZ foot dust prints are visible!
Those are “chrome appearance package” running boards. They still have rubber inserts on them though. Don’t know if they hold the dirt the same as your KR or not though?
Sponsored