Sponsored

Front Left Wheel Squeak/Squeal

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello everyone,

I've got a constant squeaking noise coming from the front left wheel area. Once I get above 25mph it goes away. Engaging 4x4 does not affect the noise. This noise appears about 30% of the time. So guess you could say it's random. Same sound you would hear tires make on a clean garage floor. Any thoughts? 2021 4x4 3.5 eco

Here's a video.

Thanks.

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone,

I've got a constant squeaking noise coming from the front left wheel area. Once I get above 25mph it goes away. Engaging 4x4 does not affect the noise. This noise appears about 30% of the time. So guess you could say it's random. Same sound you would hear tires make on a clean garage floor. Any thoughts? 2021 4x4 3.5 eco

Here's a video.

Thanks.

Possibility of dirt/ dust in or on the brake pads. Sounds like the caliper itself or the caliper pistons are not retracting enough and are staying in light contact with the rotor. As you speed up the rotor forces the pads away and the noise stops until the brakes are applied again. Have the caliper removed from the bracket, clean the hardware and pads with brake parts cleaner. Grease the hardware with caliper grease and reassemble. Be careful not to get caliper grease on the pad face or the rotor. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
hammerhead2411

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Possibility of dirt/ dust in or on the brake pads. Sounds like the caliper itself or the caliper pistons are not retracting enough and are staying in light contact with the rotor. As you speed up the rotor forces the pads away and the noise stops until the brakes are applied again. Have the caliper removed from the bracket, clean the hardware and pads with brake parts cleaner. Grease the hardware with caliper grease and reassemble. Be careful not to get caliper grease on the pad face or the rotor. Hope this helps.
I'm not a mechanic, but that makes sense! Thanks!

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I'm not a mechanic, but that makes sense! Thanks!
The noise is not harmful to anything, just very annoying . If you are not comfortable doing this, then have a trusted mechanic do it for you. Sometimes just pulling the wheel and using some compressed air to blow out the stuff will help, but it might come back.

DerekPatten

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
@hammerhead2411 - Did you happen to figure out the issue? I have the exact same sound at low speeds from the front end. The dealer told me to replace the struts but I still have it after that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hammerhead2411

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It eventually went away after a few months, so I guess problem solved 😂!
Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, best of luck.

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am having the same issue and sometimes sounds like front right also. Weird part is outside of tires are wearing. Had alignment done and it was way off but still same sound if not worse.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am having the same issue and sometimes sounds like front right also. Weird part is outside of tires are wearing. Had alignment done and it was way off but still same sound if not worse.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP
hammerhead2411

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I spoke too soon. The noise is back for me....

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
I spoke too soon. The noise is back for me....
You figure it out? Exact same thing for me. ford dealer didn’t find anything wrong nor could replicate so they said tire rotation. Mine comes and goes just like yours and is exactly the same noise.

Sponsored

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Mine started making a sound like that after I took it in and they did a software update it started making that sound. The dealership didn't do anything about it. So my thought is that it is the electric motor or controller that makes the noise.

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Mine started making a sound like that after I took it in and they did a software update it started making that sound. The dealership didn't do anything about it. So my thought is that it is the electric motor or controller that makes the noise.
Odd. Mine is the 5.0 tho no power boost

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Do you have a rock stuck in between the brake rotor and the dust shroud behind it. That seems to happen to me a lot.
Sponsored