Sponsored

FordPass Start/Lock/Unlock issues

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
2021 FordPass start/lock/unlock working intermittently

Curious to see if my issues are unique or if it’s just a quirk of these trucks and apps.

The remote start/lock/unlock from Ford pass works maybe 30% of the time no matter where I’m at or how strong a signal I have.

I had a bit of a epiphany this weekend trying to start it - I held it and it was failing and finally I tried a last time and it was trying to start. When I got close enough to the truck to unlock it with my fob - it started.

So it seems the listening unit isn’t staying on. I’ve been able to replicate it consistently. If I lock or unlock from my fob then start - it always works.

Anyone have this issue? I’ll call the dealer and get it looked at if it’s a unique problem
Sponsored

Simo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
2021 FordPass start/lock/unlock working intermittently

Curious to see if my issues are unique or if it’s just a quirk of these trucks and apps.

The remote start/lock/unlock from Ford pass works maybe 30% of the time no matter where I’m at or how strong a signal I have.

I had a bit of a epiphany this weekend trying to start it - I held it and it was failing and finally I tried a last time and it was trying to start. When I got close enough to the truck to unlock it with my fob - it started.

So it seems the listening unit isn’t staying on. I’ve been able to replicate it consistently. If I lock or unlock from my fob then start - it always works.

Anyone have this issue? I’ll call the dealer and get it looked at if it’s a unique problem
when You get out of the truck… make sure the system is not shutting itself off. Mine started doing this about a week ago and is at the shop now. It would look like this when you turn the ignition off.

my key fob still works but the ford app does not when I get this message:
Ford F-150 FordPass Start/Lock/Unlock issues A2AACEC6-562F-4F8D-9F02-F065D6010A1D

OP
OP

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
when You get out of the truck… make sure the system is not shutting itself off. Mine started doing this about a week ago and is at the shop now. It would look like this when you turn the ignition off.

my key fob still works but the ford app does not when I get this message:
A2AACEC6-562F-4F8D-9F02-F065D6010A1D.jpeg
Well I actually uninstalled ford pass, upgraded my phone to iOS 15, did a master reset and a ford pass reset to the truck then reconnected everything. Since then, it’s been working every time I try but it’s only been a day. I’ll report back in a week!
Sponsored