First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
Hello all, I am somewhat new to this forum. I am a recent New owner of a 2021 Lariat Powerstroke, purchased from a dealer in Rhode Island, who was only charging MSRP, not like $5-7k over sticker which I was finding all over the country, as I searched for what I was looking for in a new F150. Surprising to me was that Ford also shows on Ford.com that rebates qualify for anywhere from $500-$1500 up front with your deal. A nice incentive even at $500 for me being a first responder. I followed the salesmans request of how to apply and then share the eCerftificate ID# and corresponding expiration date. All was good until I made the lengthy trip to this dealer for purchase, and was told as I was about to sign paperwork that being "I chose to use and qualify for Ford Motor Credits 0% financing option" that my $500 first responder rebate was being denied and that it cannot be used in conjunction with the other offer. My curiosity has caused me to inquire with Ford themselves and of course got nowhere, just the mention that a dealership is privately owned and can negate any rebate offered by Ford if they choose to.
Interesting for sure... Overall, I got a square deal and found a truck that I settled for being I couldnt order a new one with same engine and other dealers were price gouging, so $500 wasn't going to kill the deal, just annoying how they will always find a way to get into your pocket.
They even added in $199 plus tax for "security window etching" that goes into every deal they do. A whopping $4.10 off my policy annually.
Unscrupulous dealers are raping the consumer all over. Just my .02....
Has anyone encountered this with a new purchase?
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Special finance deals or a rebate has been the norm for years. Your choice for one or the other.