Tailgate Clamp Pockets / Worksurface

GasGuzzler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Just took ownership of my 2022 XLT with the bed utility package that came with the worksurface and clamp pockets on the tailgate. I'm curious how useful people have found these features? Can I use the clamp pockets as tiedown points with my tailgate up? Any other ways you guys have found to use these features other than the obvious? Just wondering if it was worth the extra money or not...
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Those are clamp pockets?

Had a buddy of mine who is a harris county sheriff tell me they were crappy stash spots.
i figured they would be soon enough

i use the bottle openers to attach straps to loads when tail gate is down
the clamp pocket will hold a flag pole , or small fishing pole.
not sure how robust they are for attaching tie down hooks, may have to look at that
they have caught my finger a few times as well

Last edited:

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I have the fancy schmancy tailgate too. I really doubt I'll use the work surface. I'm not a tradesman. I might use the clamp pockets, but probably not. If I really need these things I'll be at home. At home I'll have all my tools, saw horses, work benches, etc. I doubt I'll use my truck instead of these things.

I'll use the Pro Power for camping. Here I imagine I'll bring along some clamps. In this scenario they just might come in handy. For what I don't just yet know.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just took ownership of my 2022 XLT with the bed utility package that came with the worksurface and clamp pockets on the tailgate. ..... Just wondering if it was worth the extra money or not...
Given that the Bed Utility Pkg is the only way to get the Tailgate Step on a Gen 14 .... yeah, IMO, it's worth the price.

I've used the clamp pockets as clamp pockets, that and the other stuff is just icing on the cake beyond the constantly used step. I do use the included Box Link tie-downs, but those could have been gotten as a stand-alone option.

I also love the full-power open and close tailgate that's part of the package, but that's only on Lariat and higher trims (and adds a lot to the package price).

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i have used the tailgate once as a work surface...it held some wooden reindeer was setting up for Christmas decorations
i imagine a person building stuff might use it, but my luck i would circular saw the tailgate vice the lumber , or drill through the 2x4 into the surface.
the ruler i can see FISHING to gauge a big fish :eek: 🤗🦈🐠

Ford F-150 Tailgate Clamp Pockets / Worksurface 2022 (7)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Those are clamp pockets?

Had a buddy of mine who is a harris county sheriff tell me they were crappy stash spots.
HA! I think it was a Cheech and Chong movie where Chong used to look at every little space and say it was good place to hide your weed. :)

You better stay away from Harris County.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
HA! I think it was a Cheech and Chong movie where Chong used to look at every little space and say it was good place to hide your weed. :)

You better stay away from Harris County.
every day young man
and balch springs
albuquerque new mexico
virginia beach va

Last edited:

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I opted out of the work surface, step, and power tailgate to keep my payload higher, but was pleased that the clamp pockets and tie down points/bottle openers came standard despite that. I've used both, and they were a nice little add-on.
Sponsored