Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I had the dealer order this to have on hand when the truck got delivered. Installed it this afternoon within about an hour. Figured I would throw some pictures up for those interested in it and the fitment with the plugs in the bed. It requires the bed to be open to completely remove, so it is secure as long as the truck is locked.

Ford F-150 Ford Branded Amp Research Bed Extender installed 2606E9B4-DFB9-4DF2-AE7A-5524C30D1542

Ford F-150 Ford Branded Amp Research Bed Extender installed 165B5813-734C-4119-8C09-A6C091CFE387
Sponsored

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
How much effort to remove? Did it require any drilling or anything permanent?

OP
OP
mrtrav

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
How much effort to remove? Did it require any drilling or anything permanent?
No, there were two 8mm screws on each side of the bed holding the tail lights in. Remove those and the lights slide right out, after that the extender brackets use the two large holes with provided bolts. You could remove the entire setup in less than an hour and return right back to factory condition.

Removing the extended temporarily you just flip vertical and pull out. The brackets only stick out 1/4” or so, no blockage of access to the entire bed width if you need that.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Nice but I went the the plastic ones that fold up and out the want on each side of the bed which would suite my use better than the one as you have in this photo but would have preferred the folding type to be made from aluminum vs. plastic but my uses will work with the plastic. As for the past ten years or so with older truck i used bungee cords or tie down straps.

OP
OP
mrtrav

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I considered the style you mentioned. In fact I thought that’s what the dealer ordered. My father has been using this style for years and loves it. My neighbor has the plastic fold up ones and works construction and loves it. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ah! I have the ones that fold and store on the side because I thought the one shown here required all kinds of tools and effort to remove! I'm still glad I got the folding ones thought since in my case, I really don't have any space left to store a large item like that.
Sponsored