FitcamX Failure to Launch

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Anybody get a dud Fitcam X? I ordered mine from Amazon because it just looks so seamless and easy. The install itself isn't difficult: you screw in a mounting bracket, unplug the power to your auto-dim mirror, attach a harness that taps the power to the mirror for the cam, pop the camera onto the bracket. Done. Pretty idiot proof.

Except nothing happened. No light. No power.

I disconnected everything and did it again three times. Same result. So my troubleshooting comes up with three likely problems: 1) Bad harness from Fitcam; 2) Bad camera (just doesn't work); 3) No power to mirror.

People might ask why do you have #3 up there. Because honestly now that I am thinking about it, I don't know if I have ever seen that mirror dim. Not something I consider when driving it to tell the truth. Just wondering if any of you guys that have installed this system run into anything like this. Thanks!
Sponsored

22skidoo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat
Just ordered a Fitcam X for my 2023 from Amazon. Should be here in a few days. I will let you know if mine works. Wonder if you can check the connector voltage with a multimeter?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Anybody get a dud Fitcam X?
Yep, never showed any indication of powering on, never figured out the issue and returned it for refund, haven't tried again.

100% certain it's not problem #3 in my case.

I will offer that while the Fitcam 'Tee' connector slipped nicety home in the back of my mirror, on the other end the connection from the vehicle harness into that Fitcam 'Tee' harness did not feel good at all (yes, I checked for bent pins).

Pity, it seems like a very nice solution when it works.

Did Amazon send you the unit I returned???? I wouldn't put it past them .....

Last edited:

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
ive had one since 9/22 in my F150. Got it from Amazon.
install was simple and easy and its worked just fine ever since. comes on when you start the truck. I did buy an upgraded memory card that didnt want to be read but once it was formatted i havent had an issue whatsoever with mine.

(knock on wood)

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
the plug is touchy. is it actually fully seated? i thought mine was at first, but it hadnt fully clicked in place.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wessermgm

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the plug is touchy. is it actually fully seated? i thought mine was at first, but it hadnt fully clicked in place.
I did it three times. It seemed in there to me (i.e. wouldn't go any farther).

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
ok. got the confirmation 'click' and all? on both ends of harness?

22skidoo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat
Receive the camera today. Installed in about 5 minutes. The T connector was definitely not easy to connect. I had to wiggle it around (yes, looked for bent pins too) and it finally seated. All 3 connections were fussy. The connector to the camera really seats deep. Camera powered up with 3 blinking red led's that turn blue when the wifi is ready. Hope you get yours working.

OP
OP
wessermgm

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Receive the camera today. Installed in about 5 minutes. The T connector was definitely not easy to connect. I had to wiggle it around (yes, looked for bent pins too) and it finally seated. All 3 connections were fussy. The connector to the camera really seats deep. Camera powered up with 3 blinking red led's that turn blue when the wifi is ready. Hope you get yours working.
Ill try it again when I get home.
Sponsored