First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Hi y’all, my ‘23 PB, Lariat, failed to start once again. It sat overnight, went to move it to work on the driveway and as I approached vehicle received this notice on my Ford Pass:

“To conserve battery life for your Ford, F-150, 2023 equipped with FordPass(TM) Connect, remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock* are temporarily unavailable. Don't worry though, nothing is wrong. This happens automatically when you haven't started your vehicle for a period of time.

Simply start your vehicle and remote features including start/stop and lock/unlock will be back at your fingertips.”

It was only off overnight, not sure why I got the original msg on my phone….Got in attempted to start by my usual method, ‘push the start button, wait for computer to boot up, then press brake pedal and start button again’ and the usual message ‘stop as safely as you can’ appeared. Wouldn’t start, tried various ways numerous times. Waited about 5 minutes and got out and attempted Remote Start…after 5 tries of remote it started!

Any suggested remedies? Ford software fix? replace OEM battery? Thanks, Cheers!
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If sync went to sleep your 12v is low. HVAC blower 5 continuously bypasses the BMS logic to keep it charged.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Why do you push the start button and wait for screens to load up before then holding the brake while pushing the start button to actually start the engine? If your battery is low/bad (which it sounds like it is - you should go get it tested and prob get a new one), turning on electronics before starting the engine is making it harder for the truck to have enough juice to start the truck

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Why do you push the start button and wait for screens to load up before then holding the brake while pushing the start button to actually start the engine? If your battery is low/bad (which it sounds like it is - you should go get it tested and prob get a new one), turning on electronics before starting the engine is making it harder for the truck to have enough juice to start the truck
No, you don't understand how the powerboost works. When you turn key to accessory, the DC/DC turns on (the alternator) and takes over 12v supply using energy from the HVB.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired

Thanks for the comment, B-Real, this has happened not only to me before but numerous other PB owners....the wait time on my first F-t-S was well over 40 minutes before the system came to life after various attempts using different techniques, including remote start. Had to cancel the Ford Tow I had requested. Anyway, recommended procedures by some on here who've had the same issues were to push the start button, let the computer boot (2-3 seconds) and then push the brake/start button....working quite well then, another hiccup today (5 minutes lost). I'm not sure if the initial warning on my cell (Ford Pass) had anything to do with it but working fine now. I'm sure, rather hoping, Ford is aware of this issue.....Cheers!

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Once again. I have yet to see in this forum where a new non-Ford main AGM did not solve all the low 12V issues.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
So, you are suggesting I purchase a different branded AGM battery?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I'm saying if my '22 PB begins to exhibit FTS or SSN symptoms I'm going to replace my AGM with a top shelf non-Ford AGM first and probably the secondary AGM under the rear passenger side seat as well.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Thank you, Kyle, very good to know.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
In my observation, the Ford trucks that sat out in the field awaiting chips have batteries that underperform. Specifically batteries that sit without usage develop problems. Not unusual since that results in plating out of impurities onto the plates. I had some odd indications a few months after delivery, was on travel for Thanksgiving '21 Family Dinners & such so just pulled into a nearby NAPA store and got a drop in AGM for my truck... Not a peep out of the truck since... Something you can do that wil help for a new battery is get an AGM charger and do a low rate long charge right after getting it. Mine went about 10 hours before in called completion. That ensures all active material is in fact made active... So, yes, just split for a new AGM battery & dump the Ford OEM battery...

Sponsored

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Fortunately I have not had any of the issues FTS and SSN but because of this forum I know exactly what to do if it happens. Great people giving great advice. @HammaMan and @Samson16 Two of the best. Heed the advice from Hammaman if you typically take short drives often. Bump that fan to 5 and keep it there. It will help. Have those batteries tested and look in this forum for proper voltage. Don’t let the kid at the parts store tell you it’s good. He sure as hell can’t spell Powerboost let alone tell you how to maintain one.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired