Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I made this 96hr fast trip to south fl and back last week
one thing i found hilarious was the EVs charging at bucc ees in alabama
i stayed a comfy hotel a few miles up the road and filled up early there in the morning.
as i pulled in to buccees i saw about 5 evs charging , with windows fogged up. i then saw people sleeping in the cars.. so i thought
wow what a bonus to have an EV that has a range of 300 miles, so it doubles as a hotel room for hrs while you charge :eek: :love: (y)
Sponsored

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Yeah… this is why we didn’t go with the Lightning (oh and that it’s like 30k more than the 5.0L XLT that I did get, yikes!)

I do love the idea of having an EV and we’re looking at one…but as the 2nd vehicle/local commuter. For the long road trips, which we do monthly, still can’t beat an ICE.

I view EV’s (in general) as no different than any other class of vehicle - they have their pro’s and con’s. Everyone I know with one LOVES them but the cars suit their lifestyles.
Maybe if we only did a big road trip 1-2 times a year, we’d just rent a vehicle.

(and for what it’s worth, plenty of folks sleep in their cars; I’ve done it plenty when I was younger, lol!!)