Vehicles
2023 5.0 F150 STX
I usually like this guy's videos but basically water is wet

drchops24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Z06
We need more videos comparing real snow tires to all the AT tires out there with the three peak mountain snow rating.

js312

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Director
We need more videos comparing real snow tires to all the AT tires out there with the three peak mountain snow rating.
I don't think people understand that there's a significant difference. I often see posts from people saying they bought KO2s, Wildpeaks, or some other aggressive all terrain as part of a dedicated winter tire/wheel set. Reality is a dedicated winter tire is going to perform better than an A/T and would have probably cost them less.

drchops24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Z06
I don't think people understand that there's a significant difference. I often see posts from people saying they bought KO2s, Wildpeaks, or some other aggressive all terrain as part of a dedicated winter tire/wheel set. Reality is a dedicated winter tire is going to perform better than an A/T and would have probably cost them less.
That's actually why I want more videos. I'm tired of seeing the "I just use my A/T's bro, they're just as good bro" as they slide off the road on i70.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
I'm old enough to see multiple generations of tires over time. My preferred brand is Michelin. The improvement in tire performance as each new generation arrives is real. I just replaced the Hancooks with the second gen Micheline LTX MS2. Had two sets of the first generation and they gave me fantastic longevity.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Nothing beats summer in rain/wet. Nothing beats winter in <0c/snow. A/T and all season are a compromise.

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
100% right, I have ran dedicated winter tires the last 4 winters on my F150’s and it is definitely a big improvement over AT’s that are snowflake rated. I always say a lot of tires perform well in deeper snow, but it’s the slick stuff or light snow falls where an actual winter tire really stands out. There is just no way around it that the softer rubber and probably 3x siping makes the difference. Here in eastern Ontario we get all kinds of smaller snow/ice events and in my opinion winter tires are well worth the investment. For reference I have ran KO2’s and multiple sets of Toyo AT2/3, all of those tires performed well in 6” of snow but suck when you get a 1” dusting every night.

js312

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Director
100% right, I have ran dedicated winter tires the last 4 winters on my F150’s and it is definitely a big improvement over AT’s that are snowflake rated. I always say a lot of tires perform well in deeper snow, but it’s the slick stuff or light snow falls where an actual winter tire really stands out. There is just no way around it that the softer rubber and probably 3x siping makes the difference. Here in eastern Ontario we get all kinds of smaller snow/ice events and in my opinion winter tires are well worth the investment. For reference I have ran KO2’s and multiple sets of Toyo AT2/3, all of those tires performed well in 6” of snow but suck when you get a 1” dusting every night.
Every time I tried cheaping out and just running A/Ts in the winter, I regretted it. The best I had were General Grabber AT2s, but they still fell short of even the cheapest snow tires I've used.

For the last three years, I ran Nokian Hakka R3s. This year I have Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2s because the price of new Nokians was through the roof. They both do very well.
Sponsored