Sponsored

Engine idling

beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5EB
Same here. Mine is in the shop right now and they are taking a look at it. Apparently Ford doesn't count door vibration but I think my seats vibrate enough to be above whatever they call normal. If not I will be selling mine.

2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost vibration - YouTube

I have had some non-Ford mechanics look at it and they think its a motor mount, trans mount or flywheel issue.
So what did they find????? I just test drove and put a deposit on one that does the same thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
So what did they find????? I just test drove and put a deposit on one that does the same thing.
Typical dealer didn't really look into in said its fine. Guess if others have the issue it's "normal".

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Was in a chat last night and a couple people mentioned a rough idle might be due to a spark plug gap. Since its not an expensive fix I called my local mechanic because 3 Ford dealers said the computer said its fine and wouldnt lift a finger to look further into it.

Here is his reply:

Yeah nope I am going to bow out. I have seen a lot of these ecoboost come in with this issue. We work with a couple fleets they bring in brand new f150s asking us to take a look, we have replaced spark plugs and tried to diagnose the issue and have yet to fix one. Ford has been no help either for all the people that have come him. Sorry can't help you with it.

He said its weird Ford doesnt try to fix these since its not every truck but there is no fix for the ones that have it.
Sponsored