Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade

CoryB

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL
Is there any online or real-life comparison of these two headlight upgrades?

I want (need) to brighten the headlights on my 2023 XL and these seem to be the most popular choices. I can't swing for the complete Morimoto setup at this time so please don't bring that into the discussion.

Thanks.
Sponsored

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Are you looking at adding LED bulbs to the stock halogen housing? If so, I can tell you they will be bright as shit. And an absolute nightmare for oncoming drivers. The halogen reflector housing does not adequately focus the LED light pattern, so you get very bright light that is spilled all over with no forward focus. Speaking from personal experience.

I'd suggest these. Had them on my XL/STX (RIP), they were pretty darned bright and well-focused. Also less than half the cost of Morimoto.

OP
OP

CoryB

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL
Thanks. Which lights do you suggest? I don’t get a working link in your message.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Are you looking at adding LED bulbs to the stock halogen housing? If so, I can tell you they will be bright as shit. And an absolute nightmare for oncoming drivers. The halogen reflector housing does not adequately focus the LED light pattern, so you get very bright light that is spilled all over with no forward focus. Speaking from personal experience.

I'd suggest these. Had them on my XL/STX (RIP), they were pretty darned bright and well-focused. Also less than half the cost of Morimoto.
Yes, I curse at those rides facing me in the opposite lanes at night with those searchlights.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Cory,

I used the F150leds.com, I did the fog/low and highs...and many are they bright! They have the complete kit, was first thing I upgraded. Now they are more expensive than the Auxitos, but they worked like a charm.
While there, get the reverse LEDs, we both have STX/XL trucks and the reverse is terrible, here are the F150leds heads, and 3rd brake

Ford F-150 Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade 20211115_203740_resized

Ford F-150 Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade 20220326_201708_resized

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Cory,

I used the F150leds.com, I did the fog/low and highs...and many are they bright! They have the complete kit, was first thing I upgraded. Now they are more expensive than the Auxitos, but they worked like a charm.
While there, get the reverse LEDs, we both have STX/XL trucks and the reverse is terrible, here are the F150leds heads, and 3rd brake

20211115_203740_resized.jpg

20220326_201708_resized.jpg
And illegal. Halogen housings are not made for LEDS and there's no amount of marketing that can change it. I'd like to see the DOT smack down the illegal LED sellers combined with an LEO education campaign for ticketing / seizing illegal light setups.

There is a process to go through to make legal the bulbs and with proper enforcement they'll be brought to market.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
And illegal. Halogen housings are not made for LEDS and there's no amount of marketing that can change it. I'd like to see the DOT smack down the illegal LED sellers combined with an LEO education campaign for ticketing / seizing illegal light setups.

There is a process to go through to make legal the bulbs and with proper enforcement they'll be brought to market.
yea yea yea....so is texting and driving.
People do it everyday. Move on.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yea yea yea....so is texting and driving.
People do it everyday. Move on.
I don't really care about whatboutisms, I care about being blinded by illegal headlights. Fortunately my LEDs have the power to return the favor.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
So do my Morimotos.
Even legal headlights aimed incorrectly can blind someone.

Sponsored

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
Thanks. Which lights do you suggest? I don’t get a working link in your message.
I have f150leds all over my truck except the taillights (BLIS). License plate, 3rd brake light, hi/lo, fogs, and yet to be installed running board lights. THEY ARE BRIGHT AF! If you get them, you'll see what I mean. I had to aim the lights down lower than what it was when I got the truck, switch to fogs only when at red lights, drive-thrus, etc. I hope when I do get the aftermarket lights, they're bright like these LEDs but a solid cutoff line and focused.

When I installed them in mid May. Driver side and both fogs are led. Passenger side was halogen for comparison. I honestly think I overcorrected thinking the halogens were dim because of bad headlight design or something. No. Ford put bs dim ass halogens bulbs in.

Ford F-150 Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade 20230519_190622

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
Is there any online or real-life comparison of these two headlight upgrades?

I want (need) to brighten the headlights on my 2023 XL and these seem to be the most popular choices. I can't swing for the complete Morimoto setup at this time so please don't bring that into the discussion.

Thanks.
You should check out our CrystaLux Bulbs: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-led-headlight-bulbs-for-ford-f-150-2015/

They are VERY bright and have the same cut-off pattern your stock headlights have.

Ford F-150 Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade 1690917091565

Ford F-150 Auxito vs F150LED headlight upgrade 1690917095814

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
I don't really care about whatboutisms, I care about being blinded by illegal headlights. Fortunately my LEDs have the power to return the favor.
Dude, you’re sounding like a typical American communist using the word ’whataboutism’ and crying about other people’s metaphorical messy yards while you’re living in a complete sh*thole.

Yes, cheap LED bulbs are gonna scatter light in a reflector housing. Thats why there are people, like Bulbfacts, who test these lights and point out what works best in specific headlight assemblies. There are quite a few aftermarket LEDs that fit perfectly in halogen reflectors with sharp beam patterns and no scattered light. You also need to take in the fact that a good majority of people fail to properly aim their headlights after installing the LEDs, or after they level the truck, or put something in the back.

Perhaps you should do more research and open your mind instead spouting your biased, blanket statement opinions that nobody gives a crap about and not even bother reading in the first place.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dude, you’re sounding like a typical American communist using the word ’whataboutism’ and crying about other people’s metaphorical messy yards while you’re living in a complete sh*thole.

Yes, cheap LED bulbs are gonna scatter light in a reflector housing. Thats why there are people, like Bulbfacts, who test these lights and point out what works best in specific headlight assemblies. There are quite a few aftermarket LEDs that fit perfectly in halogen reflectors with sharp beam patterns and no scattered light. You also need to take in the fact that a good majority of people fail to properly aim their headlights after installing the LEDs, or after they level the truck, or put something in the back.

Perhaps you should do more research and open your mind instead spouting your biased, blanket statement opinions that nobody gives a crap about and not even bother reading in the first place.
It's really simple, It's either DOT approved or it isn't. Has nothing to do with communism. There is no right to blind oncoming drivers, at all, anywhere. Maybe I'll just make up my own rights and start using a laser dazzler to temporarily blind people who think it's okay to do the same? How'd you like 30 seconds of temporary blindness? Would that click for you?

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
It's really simple, It's either DOT approved or it isn't. Has nothing to do with communism. There is no right to blind oncoming drivers, at all, anywhere. Maybe I'll just make up my own rights and start using a laser dazzler to temporarily blind people who think it's okay to do the same? How'd you like 30 seconds of temporary blindness? Would that click for you?
Dude, all of them 3 letter agencies are turning into communists on us. Every time I turn around, they come up with a new regulation or a new tax in an attempt to gain more control of our lives and take more of our money, including the DOT. And it sounds like you’re cheering them on in support of more laws, rules, regulations, and taxes. But I digress.

Deleting smog emissions controls, diesel particulate filters, tuners, overloading a truck beyond its payload capacity are all examples of non-DOT approved practices, yet people still do it and get away with it. Or how about we switch gears—the C-virus vaccines were forced on us without approval of the FDA, yet that was okay because it was the government doing it. Yet people lose their sh*t because we’re putting brighter lights in our trucks.

I do plenty of driving at night and had my fair share of oncoming drivers with aftermarket LEDs, not once was I ‘blinded’ to the point where I was dazzled and couldn’t see anything. And I have astigmatism too.

Now there are those like I’ve mentioned before that don’t install the LEDs properly, they either got the orientation of the LED chip wrong or they didn’t bother to aim the headlight. I’ve had a quality pair of aftermarket LEDs in my 2012 F150 for about 5 years now. I made sure the cutoff line of my low beams were right below the top of the trunk of my Honda Accord from 25 feet away. Never got flashed once, never got pulled over, even after driving behind a state trooper on the interstate in Mississippi for about 20 miles at night.

If there’s a driver who didn’t bother installing their LEDs properly and is blinding everyone, I’m gonna flash him in hopes that maybe he will fix them. But I doubt he will.
Sponsored

Last edited: