First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
Does anybody know how to do this on a 2020 Edge?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-150 Platinum | '22 F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I have one small issue that the dimmer for the dash (instrument panel) does not work it dims to the lowest setting with no adjustment.
Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance.

Hectort713

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor
I have one small issue that the dimmer for the dash (instrument panel) does not work it dims to the lowest setting with no adjustment.
Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance.
Mine does adjust, with the dimmer buttons, I actually just dimmed mine because I felt like they where too bright at night, the one from the radio you have to adjust it on the display tab.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I did this mod exactly as the OP did changing my values from x3x3 to x2x2 and it worked just fine. However it worked just fine as long as you weren’t sitting in the drivers seat, ie standing outside looking at it. As soon as I get in the truck and close the door the passenger side lower LED starts to flicker as seen on the attached caught on my security camera and also as I could see when parked in front of our garage door.

Not sure if something is fighting it or not but as stated you wouldn’t notice it standing outside looking at it. Have someone sit in your truck while you stand outside. Also does it while driving as my son called me asking why it was spazzing out.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
I did this mod exactly as the OP did changing my values from x3x3 to x2x2 and it worked just fine. However it worked just fine as long as you weren’t sitting in the drivers seat, ie standing outside looking at it. As soon as I get in the truck and close the door the passenger side lower LED starts to flicker as seen on the attached caught on my security camera and also as I could see when parked in front of our garage door.

Not sure if something is fighting it or not but as stated you wouldn’t notice it standing outside looking at it. Have someone sit in your truck while you stand outside. Also does it while driving as my son called me asking why it was spazzing out.
Okay, I'll be the first to say it, that is so weird! Ever since I changed it on mine, mine hasn't been doing any flickering.. :oops: I just did the same thing as you did when someone is sitting in the truck, zero flickering! Went to find a reflection, no flickering either.. ?

-To anyone else on this thread, has this happened to you guys yet? @Hectort713, how about you?

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Okay, I'll be the first to say it, that is so weird! Ever since I changed it on mine, mine hasn't been doing any flickering.. :oops: I just did the same thing as you did when someone is sitting in the truck, zero flickering! Went to find a reflection, no flickering either.. ?

-To anyone else on this thread, has this happened to you guys yet? @Hectort713, how about you?
It has happened to me once (that I know of). I was sitting in traffic behind a bus where I had a very clear reflection, the ring around the passenger headlight was going nuts. By the time I got home it had stopped and I have not been able to reproduce it.

Edit to add: this was during the day, DRL mode no headlights.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
It has happened to me once (that I know of). I was sitting in traffic behind a bus where I had a very clear reflection, the ring around the passenger headlight was going nuts. By the time I got home it had stopped and I have not been able to reproduce it.

Edit to add: this was during the day, DRL mode no headlights.
That's so weird. Were your tail lights on at this time or just the front LED bar (front DRL during the day)?

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
That's so weird. Were your tail lights on at this time or just the front LED bar (front DRL during the day)?
Just the front LED bars, no tails. I haven't been able to reproduce it when I'm looking for it so far.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Just the front LED bars, no tails. I haven't been able to reproduce it when I'm looking for it so far.
Has to be unrelated to this mod however, I'm going to guess maybe loose wiring somewhere or just a software bug? Definitely let me know if it does it again!

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Has to be unrelated to this mod however, I'm going to guess maybe loose wiring somewhere or just a software bug? Definitely let me know if it does it again!
Yeah I am by no means saying it is directly related to the mod. The DRL function is full bright pre-mod I believe anyway, we are just keeping it that way with the parking lights / head lights. I just wanted @abd79 know he is not an isolated incident.

The consistency of the flash leads me to believe it is a led board or supply voltage (module) glitch. Wiring usually produces a more random pattern. It maybe only be in the projector LED assemblies. I will take a wild stab and say that is probably what @abd79 has as well.
Sponsored