First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Old vehicle and open the door and dome light comes on. You can see the push button switch. But not in the newer cars/trucks. So where is it now and how does it work?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
In my Ranger, it was integrated into the door latch as I recall
as was the “door ajar” switch

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I believe you may be referring to the interior lights being on/off upon entry (dome lights).

On the F-150s there is a button up near the right (front passenger) map light on the headliner.

It will be illuminated in orange if your interior lights are set to off when opening the truck doors like pictured below:
Ford F-150 Dome Light Switch, Where? DC40C5D6-8A03-4AFF-997D-2941E48D0ED3

Simply press it to toggle them on or off. It will illuminate Ice Blue and the map lights in the front and rear should come on and stay on until all doors are closed.
Ford F-150 Dome Light Switch, Where? 3F2FEB44-A971-45DD-80C3-FB9A9C4BBD4B

My driver's door was open when I took this photo for reference.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe you may be referring to the interior lights being on/off upon entry (dome lights)

Hope this helps!
I know about those switches. You really must not have read my post. It had to do with where a hidden switch must be located in the door hinge as Bryan Simon stated.

LRK

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Safety Instructor
I believe you may be referring to the interior lights being on/off upon entry (dome lights).

On the F-150s there is a button up near the right (front passenger) map light on the headliner.

It will be illuminated in orange if your interior lights are set to off when opening the truck doors like pictured below:
DC40C5D6-8A03-4AFF-997D-2941E48D0ED3.jpeg

Simply press it to toggle them on or off. It will illuminate Ice Blue and the map lights in the front and rear should come on and stay on until all doors are closed.
3F2FEB44-A971-45DD-80C3-FB9A9C4BBD4B.jpeg

Hope this helps!
I read his post a

Hope this helps!
I read his post and with a heading like “Door Switch where”

Hope this helps!
I read his post and with a header like “Dome light switch, where” I think you answered it well, some people just can’t say thanks! ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I read his post and with a header like “Dome light switch, where” I think you answered it well, some people just can’t say thanks! ?
Well.......After looking at the original post, I will agree that it could have been confusing. There are times when you need to explain things better.
I was referring to old cars/trucks that had a door jamb switch that popped out when you opened the door. All they did was finish the circuit to ground.
As for the well done explanation with pictures, it did answer the way my original post could be deciphered. It was very well done.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

Hope this helps!
This actually helped me. I couldn't figure out why the interior lights weren't illuminating. Thank you!!!

RodneyP

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 FX4
Occupation
Fleet manager of over 120 F-150's

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! That was the issue and works great.

magicswanson

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost Sport Pkg.
Occupation
Industrial Surveyor
Thank you, Knickell, that was exactly my issue, and was fixed instantly.

Doug
Sponsored