Sponsored

Does your back door pillars both sit flush?

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Lol random but my ocd is taking over… nicpicky observation does anyone’s back seat door pillars sit not as flush on one side compared to the other.

Pictures attached

Ford F-150 Does your back door pillars both sit flush? IMG_0256

Ford F-150 Does your back door pillars both sit flush? IMG_0254
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Lol. Took me 3 looks to even figure out what you were referring to. I don't know, but I'm going to make every effort not to look so it doesn't bug me for the next 10 yrs. Hope you're lucky like I've been (knock on wood), and that small stuff is all we get on our otherwise nice rides my friend.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Lol. Took me 3 looks to even figure out what you were referring to. I don't know, but I'm going to make every effort not to look so it doesn't bug me for the next 10 yrs. Hope you're lucky like I've been (knock on wood), and that small stuff is all we get on our otherwise nice rides my friend.
Lol check yours and let me!

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Great! Now I have to check mine. Although, if mine is like yours I won't be able to unsee it so maybe I shouldn't. :)
yeahhhhh thanks now i have to as well
realllllll nice its 109 out 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Happy to report both of mine are tight to the contours of the door pillar.

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg
Do you think this is something even worth pointing out to the dealer, would they fix it, replace it under warranty or not touch it? What would you do?

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I assume you tried this, but if you didn't, I would try pushing it back so it tucks behind the rubber trim on the door. If that doesn't work, I would bring it up to the dealer.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I assume you tried this, but if you didn't, I would try pushing it back so it tucks behind the rubber trim on the door. If that doesn't work, I would bring it up to the dealer.
Yea it doesn’t tuck it’s just not molded right, lol dealer will probably make it worse. Because it looks like with that piece they will have to pull the whole piece off but probably have to take out the seat, seatbelt etc probably scratch everything to hell while doing it lol

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Lol random but my ocd is taking over… nicpicky observation does anyone’s back seat door pillars sit not as flush on one side compared to the other.

Pictures attached

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0254.jpeg
Mine looks okay but I live in Virginia, I believe that yours have gotten extremely hot due to where you live. This has resulted in a warping of the plastic, notice it is right next to the rear glass. I have had good luck putting plastic back to proper shape by using a heat gun or hair dryer and pushing on it holding in place until it cools. You may have to partially remove it to make the heated repair.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Mine looks okay but I live in Virginia, I believe that yours have gotten extremely hot due to where you live. This has resulted in a warping of the plastic, notice it is right next to the rear glass. I have had good luck putting plastic back to proper shape by using a heat gun or hair dryer and pushing on it holding in place until it cools. You may have to partially remove it to make the heated repair.
I thought that, good idea thanks for information. I might just try to put in my mind and put forget about it lol

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Lol check yours
i choose to ignore the disparity
mine are nor flush, but not really noticeable .......ANYMORE thanks a million (y) 🤗 🤑 🤗
Sponsored