Sponsored

Do I have to recalibrate pre-collision assist after removing the bumper?

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
'22 F-150 PB. Had my front bumper + upper molding reconditioned and put back on.

Do I need to recalibrate pre-collision assist, or only if I get a warning on screen? Is this IPMA alignment?

Asking b/c the vendor my body shop uses charges $495 (and my local dealer is still searching for someone to provide a quote). It's getting close to the cost of a Mongoose VCI cable, though I don't know that I feel super confident about doing the calibration myself. I'm comfortable with software, but less so with trucks or the mix of the two.

If I do recalibrate, I also have the issue where my onboard scales are reading 200-400 lbs over, so I'd use FDRS to recalibrate the scale, which would be nice (also waiting on the local dealer to see if they can do that). (I'm not super excited about connecting Forscan to the truck b/c of software security. Maybe I'm overly paranoid.)

Appreciate any advice here. Thanks in advance.

cc: @Jesse-Infotainment @iceman77 @Bob_Mac @JEB @Snakebitten
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
No calibration needed. The radar looks through plastic and the vision via camera is pre collision. You should already have an MX cable for forscan however. Most of the calibration procedures can be run via the $50 cable that also programs the various annoyances out of the vehicle. That's a must-have for any vehicle owner IMO.

OP
OP

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
No calibration needed. The radar looks through plastic and the vision via camera is pre collision. You should already have an MX cable for forscan however. Most of the calibration procedures can be run via the $50 cable that also programs the various annoyances out of the vehicle. That's a must-have for any vehicle owner IMO.
Thanks.

With Forscan, do you ever worry about backdoors? This to me seems like the main benefit of FDRS (plus any possible noise about warranties).

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Thanks.

With Forscan, do you ever worry about backdoors? This to me seems like the main benefit of FDRS (plus any possible noise about warranties).
No, they're completely different things outside of the calibration procedures. Given ford's OTA capabilities, a compromised corporate system is a higher threat assessment IMO.

OP
OP

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
Picked up the truck on Monday. No reverse brake assist, and see 3 DTCs in FDRS:

IPMA B1578 78 2F

IPMA U0415 86 28

PSCM U3003 68 2C

Looks like I need to update the ABS module, run IPMA alignment, run 360 camera alignment, and possibly also perform steering center find relearn?

Sponsored

OP
OP

surveyor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB
Or not? DTCs cleared and didn't show back up after applying SW module updates and running self-test. Any downside to re-running IPMA+ 360 alignment?

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Which procedures should be done for a level?
Sponsored