JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I think you have to use the buttons at the top of the page to unsubscribe
I think youre right... just clicked UNWATCH. Hopefully im done with this... this has become a nightmare for people....
:(
Sponsored

Cblaxx19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Very understandable. I'm sorry for the wasted time and disappointment.

You are being very kind, and I greatly appreciate that you see the issues around this single product. This release was indeed a disaster, but as a whole company, we need to do much better as well overall. There were far too many things we missed, just because we thought we did the testing that was necessary before shipping. We set the lights on a shelf for hours running through functions. We pressure-tested them. We verified cosmetics. Clearly, with the harnesses breaking or coming disconnected externally and internally, and radio interference issues, the testing was just not thorough enough.

The harnesses, which were replaced, are rebuilt and we know they are 100% good. The lamp he's describing was the original set we shipped. Unfortunately, there is clearly something wrong inside the lamp. Based on a few lamps that have been returned, we have seen defects in the internal wiring as well. At this point, it's most likely that we will be essentially doing a recall on the initial shipments, and offering to exchange headlights for anyone who hasn't installed. We are working on this internally and will share more information when we have a clear plan available.

Totally agreed. What we are doing now is not working at all. I can share that we have over 18 actions in progress to resolve a wide variety of issues on both headlights and fog lights. At the end of the day, we should have realized the complexity of these lamps, and done a lot more field testing before offering these for sale, and certainly before shipping.

Anyone experiencing trouble or waiting, please feel free to contact us for updates. We will be sending another email out tomorrow with general status information. Of course, it is completely understandable if you'd like to request a refund at this time, and we can help you with that as well. We will be working hard to prove to everyone that these lamps are truly superior, once these bugs are worked out.

Thank you,
Paul
did an email go out as mentioned? I haven’t received any email updates for a few weeks now.

OP
OP
Iroquois Cage

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
Anyone get this email? I haven't heard anything since September 30th.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iroquois Cage

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
Did you pre-order the headlights? If so an email was sent out on 9/29
HA! yeah. I preordered last November. Interesting that I haven’t got anything, musta just missed me.

Anyone who DID get it, what’s it say? I was told 1-2 weeks for fogs and 4-6 weeks for headlights.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
HA! yeah. I preordered last November. Interesting that I haven’t got anything, musta just missed me.

Anyone who DID get it, what’s it say? I was told 1-2 weeks for fogs and 6-8 weeks for headlights.
Check your spam folder, it probably went there. Here's the email:

Hello,

Thank you again for your patience in waiting for our new Diode Dynamics Elite LED Headlights and Fog lights. We want to start by expressing our sincere gratitude for your continued support and faith in Diode Dynamics. We recognize the mistakes, errors, and problems internally that have led to the current situation, and we are working each day to implement the necessary changes to provide the level of quality and performance that you deserve. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are committed to providing you with the highest quality products and service.

Over the last few weeks, we put together an internal action team, who have collectively spent hundreds of hours making corrections and improvements at various points in our design, production, and assembly processes. We have determined that the majority of issues experienced by initial recipients of these products are related to wiring harnesses, both external adapters and the wiring harness inside the light itself. However, further intensive review of both the headlamps and fog lamps has led to many additional opportunities for improvement, to ensure that you or any future recipient does not experience any problem moving forward. We are building new test fixtures, developing additional testing and inspection processes, and ensuring that every possible detail is covered, for every light that leaves our doors.

Although it takes time to make these changes, due to new materials and fixtures being required, we are excited about these improvements and we are confident that you will be thrilled with the end result. Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause, and we appreciate your understanding as we work to provide you with the best possible products. We anticipate beginning shipments again within the next 2-4 weeks. Of course, if you prefer to cancel your order at this time, we understand and can assist you with that as well.

Thank you for being a valued customer of Diode Dynamics. Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist.
Per my last conversation with Paul (owner at Diode) they were about 2/3 of the way through their punch list of issues as of last week.

We dropped the ball and failed to send them the headlights we had on our own truck quickly (one of the first sets installed) so they just got OUR headlights back on Friday I believe to start looking into also. As we experienced a few issues they wanted to evaluate the headlights we had installed and to compare the issues we had with their known issues.

OP
OP
Iroquois Cage

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
Check your spam folder, it probably went there. Here's the email:

Per my last conversation with Paul (owner at Diode) they were about 2/3 of the way through their punch list of issues as of last week.
Already looked there, nothing.
Fingers crossed they stay on track.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Not to add to the above issues, but I ordered the C1 reverse pod for the hitch on 9-20, online showed over 500 in stock.
Same day, ordered some detail rags form The Rag Company...they arrived Saturday. Checked my order for the hitch on the site, showed item backordered.

So cancelled it, and ordered something else.
Just want to give you DD a heads up. Weird, showed in stock, didn't ship, then order said Backordered. <shrugs shoulders>
1695755916264.png
So, weird...i cancelled my order. Yesterday was out in the garage cleaning, found a Diode Dynamics box...weird, and it was my C1 Reverse Hitch. I asked wife, she said "yea that came in end of last week, so she put in garage."
@Diode Dynamics , I ordered, it showed Backordered so I cancelled. But one shipped.

I feel I need to pay for this. Whom do i contact?
Thank you.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Thank you for your honesty and support!

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our in-house US service team would be happy to help you with that.

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Thank you for your honesty and support!

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our in-house US service team would be happy to help you with that.

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033
will do, thank you!!

QuickShift24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX
Warning to anyone considering ordering from @Diode Dynamics .

I pre-ordered my Elite Max Headlights for my F-150 through a 3rd party last November. Like everyone else they obviously shipped extremely late. Once I got them one of my headlights was completely dead. I trouble shooted for a couple days to make sure it was the headlight. Diode shipped me another light and new harness after the first harness fell apart. The new light they shipped worked but the new harness was wired improperly. Compared it to the original and it was all backwards. Wouldn't work for either light. I now have 2 faulty wiring harness and have yet to receive new ones. My blinker on the passenger side recently stopped working all together and my driver side headlight now flashes sporadically when the blinker is activated. See video below. The offroad lights are also wired differently so different lights activate on each side making the two sides not match. Not to mention I still haven't received the fog lights.

Through all of this I've been trying to return the lights for weeks and the 3rd party (NeoGarage) is refusing to help and all Diode can offer me is a $2500 website credit.... There's absolutely nothing I want for $2500. I'm left with broken headlights and no money.

Learn from my mistake and steer clear.

OP
OP
Iroquois Cage

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
New email I got today says 6 more weeks before they start shipping. It’ll be about one whole year for most of us.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Warning to anyone considering ordering from @Diode Dynamics .

I pre-ordered my Elite Max Headlights for my F-150 through a 3rd party last November. Like everyone else they obviously shipped extremely late. Once I got them one of my headlights was completely dead. I trouble shooted for a couple days to make sure it was the headlight. Diode shipped me another light and new harness after the first harness fell apart. The new light they shipped worked but the new harness was wired improperly. Compared it to the original and it was all backwards. Wouldn't work for either light. I now have 2 faulty wiring harness and have yet to receive new ones. My blinker on the passenger side recently stopped working all together and my driver side headlight now flashes sporadically when the blinker is activated. See video below. The offroad lights are also wired differently so different lights activate on each side making the two sides not match. Not to mention I still haven't received the fog lights.

Through all of this I've been trying to return the lights for weeks and the 3rd party (NeoGarage) is refusing to help and all Diode can offer me is a $2500 website credit.... There's absolutely nothing I want for $2500. I'm left with broken headlights and no money.

Learn from my mistake and steer clear.

That almost looks like it's going through some sort of test sequence or something. How long does that go for?
Have to tell you watching this entire thread from the beginning and as much as the owner jumps in to try and alleviate some of the problems. I can't see them doing any business with anyone from this form for quite a long time. I think someone would have better luck from wish.com or Temu....

QuickShift24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX
That almost looks like it's going through some sort of test sequence or something. How long does that go for?
Have to tell you watching this entire thread from the beginning and as much as the owner jumps in to try and alleviate some of the problems. I can't see them doing any business with anyone from this form for quite a long time. I think someone would have better luck from wish.com or Temu....
It's been sporadic for about a week now. It'll do it over and over again all day.... Then it won't... Then the next day it'll flash several times during the blinker and then stop. And then several times it's just kept flashing after I've made my turn and the blinker has turned off.
Sponsored