Sponsored

Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Sorry if this is a stupid question, as I've never ordered a vehicle before. What's in it for the dealership that places the order? Where I live near Seattle, 2 dealerships in my area are selling F150's for $7500-$10000 over the window sticker price and were more than happy to show me the door when I balked at that price. One told me didn't care if I left because he knew for sure he'd sell the car later today anyway to someone else. If I place a custom order online though, is the dealer going to try to mark it up like this? Where in the process is the price agreed on?
Call them up and see if they will honor Xplan pricing. (They ain’t required to, but a lot do.). See if you qualify. If not you can sign up for the Mustang Club and receive qualification after 90 days.
Sponsored

Drdre8424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
What does this mean in the top right corner of the sticker, 170/279?
Ford F-150 Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process Capture.JPG

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
I was recently going to change my build due to the delays associated with the black appearance package. When my dealer went to make the change, he noticed Ford moved me up from my submitted 19 priority code to 02. He asked me to wait to make the change so he can check with Ford if I have a small chance of getting scheduled with limited early production of the black appearance package. I’m not holding my breath since I have only heard about delays, but I’m curious as to what the internal bump up in priority means considering I have that package. ?

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order

apkfun

First Name
Phox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
apkfun.com
Vehicles
honda CRV
informative post

Sponsored

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. Ordered Platinum 701A powerboost without adaptive steering 8/28. Was changed from MY21 to MY22. Heard that Plats aren't being scheduled without AS so I talked with my dealer. They said we can add it and see if we get scheduled. They were unable to add it and then let me know I had been bumped to a priority code of 2 by Ford. The manager really didn't know what to make of the fact that they weren't able to change the order. She tried to see if a VIN was assigned and no such luck. Any ideas what this means? Is everyone who ordered 3 months ago automatically bumped to a Priority of 2? Is the fact that they can't add adaptive steering because of the priority of 2 or is it because they are ready to schedule and don't want further changes?

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
I understood that you can make changes until the vehicle was scheduled and given a VIN. It seems odd that not having a VIN and not being able to change, regardless of priority, are tied together. Perhaps someone else can answer this. I ordered a 22 two months ago, so cannot answer your priority code question going from 21 to 22 MY.

Good luck

BlackLab

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB KR well loaded ordered 2022 PB KR loaded
Occupation
Retire
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. Ordered Platinum 701A powerboost without adaptive steering 8/28. Was changed from MY21 to MY22. Heard that Plats aren't being scheduled without AS so I talked with my dealer. They said we can add it and see if we get scheduled. They were unable to add it and then let me know I had been bumped to a priority code of 2 by Ford. The manager really didn't know what to make of the fact that they weren't able to change the order. She tried to see if a VIN was assigned and no such luck. Any ideas what this means? Is everyone who ordered 3 months ago automatically bumped to a Priority of 2? Is the fact that they can't add adaptive steering because of the priority of 2 or is it because they are ready to schedule and don't want further changes?
I ordered a KR in October tried to make a change dealer said it was p priority 2 couldn’t make the change

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

In the same situation as you, exact same thing happened to me! If anyone can answer and knows whats going on that would be great. What does the priority 2 mean, I also was not able to add adaptive steering.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Does anyone know if there is any correlation/"standard" amount of time between receiving the order confirmation email from Ford, and next steps in the process, such as being assigned a VIN, and potentially build date?

Are these subsequent steps in the process also dependent on priority code? Or does that only matter for how long it takes for Ford to receive the order (and then send out that confirmation)?

Thanks for the insight and help!

Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Does anyone know if there is any correlation/"standard" amount of time between receiving the order confirmation email from Ford, and next steps in the process, such as being assigned a VIN, and potentially build date?

Are these subsequent steps in the process also dependent on priority code? Or does that only matter for how long it takes for Ford to receive the order (and then send out that confirmation)?

Thanks for the insight and help!
there are a million factors to get A vin. And no one can seem to tell you rhyme or reason.

see my signature lol

Sergman84

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost 4x2
Does anyone know how long it takes from build date to actual delivery is? I'm out in California in the bay area.

I just received my email saying my truck has been sent to production and scheduled to be built the week of January 24, 2022.

From that date, how long should I expect to wait until it's at my dealership?

Super pumped!

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Does anyone know how long it takes from build date to actual delivery is? I'm out in California in the bay area.

I just received my email saying my truck has been sent to production and scheduled to be built the week of January 24, 2022.

From that date, how long should I expect to wait until it's at my dealership?

Super pumped!
Look at the build week 11/1 thread and the tracker sheet there.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/11-1-2021-build-club.5724/post-127892

Some of the subsequent build weeks are also doing this tracking.

christobevii3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Are dealers allowed to make whatever order out of reservations now? I had emailed my local dealer in October and apparently they called in December without leaving a message so I got bumped from 2022 to 2023 based on their own decision?

Per dealer: I went to the manager in charge of the Lightning orders. His notes state he tried to call you twice back in December, and there was no answer. It would have put you in the top 5. You are now #9 and your Lightning will be in 2023. Not 2022. We are only getting 5 reservations this year.

He made call to everyone that had an reservation. Some decided not to order with the market price, and some did. Others never answered the phone. He said to keep your reservation because every dealer only has a certain amount of allocations, there will not be any sitting on a lot anywhere for a couple of years. The reservations get delivered first.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt
It's a hybrid process. Dealers have been given allocations to nominate loyal/long-time customers for early builds. Those lists were submitted in December. Large dealers like Galpin ford in Los Angeles got to nominate 25 customers. This represents about a third of the allotment they will get for 2022 - Galpin gets about 80.

Then Ford takes those nominations and then reviews and ranks them based on their own criteria. Since they have no idea what trim level or options we intend to buy, its not really based on availability. Ford is primarily looking at the time stamp on the reservations, but may also be looking at other criteria including presumably other corporate nominations where someone has connections with Ford Executives etc.

Ford then picks waves of customers to get their invitations. Presumably this is so they can gauge the conversion rate they get in each wave, and also potentially look at if each dealers nominees from each round converted or not. Starting today and then every two weeks or so for a total of 6 waves the invitations will go out, most often to those with early time stamps who were nominated by their dealer.

The goal then is to balance at some level the reservation order with the understanding that top tier long term customers can get some consideration as well, which makes them happy and appeases the dealers as well.

Looping back to Galpin - I ordered there because they are a large and reputable dealer. I have a Mach E on order that's getting built this week with them. They are a good dealer and I fortunately am working with probably their top Sales guy who handles VIP purchases primarily - not that I'm a VIP - I just got lucky. If anyone in the SoCal area is shopping for a better dealer send me a PM and I can see if he is taking on more customers. Galpin is setting a good example in that they are making responsible business decisions and doing a great job of keeping customers informed - at least my sales guy.

For example, on the Mach E they told me first about the options plan and suggested I consider it - I didn't have to prove to them that it exists. They are honoring X plan, and not adding ADM to ordered vehicles. Above all they have been clear about their policies and how the process works.

One reason I'm happy is that I have been nominated as a top customer for 2022. While most or all dealers got to do this, Galpin did not play games. Some dealers are selling access to their nomination list for 30k ADM agreements with reservation holders. If you agree to pay an extra 30k then some dealers will submit your name as a top tier customer. Galpin didn't do that to me. My sales guy just called me and thanked me for my business, and told me I was getting one of the 25 Galpin nominations. We discussed the details like x plan availability, confirmed no ADMs and he carefully confirmed the entire process including their allocations, the wave release schedule, and what I could expect.

He further explained that Galpin does sometimes they do charge an ADM. If a customer-ordered vehicle is not purchased by the original customer they look at demand and add what seems to be fairly reasonable markups. Last summer that was $5k on an Mach E but it was negotiable. Right now a Maverick Hybrid gets a $5k ADM because those are sold out for '22. To me, a reasonable ADM like that is perfectly fair, especially in a time when the dealer just can't get the inventory they need because of chip shortages and manufacturing delays. Sunrise Ford nearby was asking for ADMs of up to $20k on Mach E sales - that's a little less understandable.

At this point I think the 22 nominations are submitted and locked up. If you are working with a dealer asking for an ADM on an ordered vehicle or otherwise not being open and clear, move your order to somewhere that treats you with dignity. Moving over to work with someone like Neil will at least put you in a position where you will have good communication, accurate information, and fair pricing. I expect I'll probably make one of the later waves later this spring and have my truck by this fall. Maybe sooner. At least I'm not stressed that I'm going to get hosed.
Sponsored