Dealer Prep Time?

Planner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I ordered my truck on 11/17 and like many of you have checked the status religiously ever since. Each step of the way has been like a little gift. The VIN, the build date, the sticker, the ship date, eta, etc. I checked this morning to learn that my baby has been delivered. More excited than any grown man should be, I celebrated the arrival. My wife and kids even played along. (Probably happy to see this day for other motives... Dad’s finally gonna shut about his truck we’ve heard about for three months) Today is the day! Or so I thought. My dealer told me it could take a couple days to prep... huh? Inspect it for damage, clean it up and let me take delivery. This seems crazy to me....anyone experience this??
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I ordered my truck on 11/17 and like many of you have checked the status religiously ever since. Each step of the way has been like a little gift. The VIN, the build date, the sticker, the ship date, eta, etc. I checked this morning to learn that my baby has been delivered. More excited than any grown man should be, I celebrated the arrival. My wife and kids even played along. (Probably happy to see this day for other motives... Dad’s finally gonna shut about his truck we’ve heard about for three months) Today is the day! Or so I thought. My dealer told me it could take a couple days to prep... huh? Inspect it for damage, clean it up and let me take delivery. This seems crazy to me....anyone experience this??
Mine was delivered on a Friday and I picked it up the next day.

I am sure a lot has to do with available resources and the amount of vehicles that need prepping.

Anyway, big congrats. You’re almost there!

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine was delivered on a Friday and I picked it up the next day.

I am sure a lot has to do with available resources and the amount of vehicles that need prepping.

Anyway, big congrats. You’re almost there!
Mine was delivered on a Friday AM and I picked it up on a Monday after they changed overtires and did the lift kit. So I would assume they had one day prep time.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Mine was delivered on a Friday AM and I picked it up on a Monday after they changed overtires and did the lift kit. So I would assume they had one day prep time.
KBKeith, a quick question-
Did your Dealer put on larger diameter tires along with that lift/level? My local Dealership said they wouldn’t put on larger tires, so I will need to go elsewhere. I ask because I was wondering if this is a Ford policy or a Dealer policy. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Did your Dealer put on larger diameter tires along with that lift/level? My local Dealership said they wouldn’t put on larger tires, so I will need to go elsewhere. I ask because I was wondering if this is a Ford policy or a Dealer policy. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I think you meant @Kefoster2

;)

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
no, I went with the same tire size, just a different brand.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
My 2018 arrived on a Thursday and I had appointments the next day so I told my salesman I’d be down there Saturday morning to pick it up and they had it ready. In November 2020 I bought a Corsair as it was being taken off the truck. I told them I’d be back in the morning to pick it up and they had it ready. It doesn’t take days and days for them to inspect it and clean it up. They want to get you in and out of there and move on to the next sale.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
This, I have found is dealer by dealer, my dealer shops their work out to a place called ProTruck. If I go through the dealer, they would do the level and swap the tires. I am going to reach out to them independently for a quote. I have worked with dealers who do all their own work, in house. For that matter, I believe Jeep is setting up an aftermarket center near the factory so that your Jeep is modified, by Jeep, prior to arriving at the dealer.

Last edited:

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I picked mine up same day. They did the prep while I did paperwork ans waited. Five hours after delivery tops, and they hadn’t touched it when I got there.

OP
OP

Planner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I ended up taking delivery of my truck on Wednesday. All I can say is Ford has outdone themselves. This truck is nothing short of amazing! Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned.
Sponsored