First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Director
I haven't. My trucks been at the dealer for the last 3 days because it started up again. They can't find it, and as much as I love the rest of the truck, I'm on the verge of giving up and trading the thing in because Ford corporate has been useless in terms of helping out, and a deaf and mute person would be better at communicating with me than the dealer has.
My dealer has done a lot for me, but never found the issue. I bet they've had the truck over 20x in the last nine months. Unfortunately, they left the file open, which to ford corporate made it look like not a big deal. I needed them to open and close each time in order for me to be able to file a lemon law claim. It's still making the noise, so if I can muster up the strength, I might start over so I can file. I pay a lot of money each month to drive a truck that makes me pissed off 90% of time I drive it. My 2013 had 270K miles on it when I sold it and never saw the dealer. I bought a 2013 hoping for the same and it ended up living at the dealer for tranny and engine issues. Sold it to get something more reliable and it got worse not better. I love everything about this truck and would love to keep it for many years, but the ticking noise is like nails on a Chaulk board to me.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My dealer has done a lot for me, but never found the issue. I bet they've had the truck over 20x in the last nine months. Unfortunately, they left the file open, which to ford corporate made it look like not a big deal. I needed them to open and close each time in order for me to be able to file a lemon law claim. It's still making the noise, so if I can muster up the strength, I might start over so I can file. I pay a lot of money each month to drive a truck that makes me pissed off 90% of time I drive it. My 2013 had 270K miles on it when I sold it and never saw the dealer. I bought a 2013 hoping for the same and it ended up living at the dealer for tranny and engine issues. Sold it to get something more reliable and it got worse not better. I love everything about this truck and would love to keep it for many years, but the ticking noise is like nails on a Chaulk board to me.
Sums up my story as well. When it's not ticking, it's the perfect truck. But most of the time, it's ticking and I about want to torch the thing in the middle of the road, and ford won't do shit to help.

Wanna sell $65k trucks? Then build $65k trucks. All you're doing is burning all good will with tons of customers who would buy from you every few years.

BoomStik!

First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Director
Sums up my story as well. When it's not ticking, it's the perfect truck. But most of the time, it's ticking and I about want to torch the thing in the middle of the road, and ford won't do shit to help.

Wanna sell $65k trucks? Then build $65k trucks. All you're doing is burning all good will with tons of customers who would buy from you every few years.
Sounds like you and are on the same page. Honestly if I hadn't gotten zero percent interest on the loan and wasn't concerned about the loss of my tax money from the purchase, this thing would already be gone. I'd be willing to bet a 1/3 or more of my 12k miles is from driving around trying to isolate the sound or driving to Ford which is 25 minutes from my house. It just makes me sick. The mechanics have heard it and admit something is wrong, but they can't find it. Normally you can isolate the problem by applying pressure to a certain piece of trim or component, but not this time. We can make it stop by applying a lot of forward pressure on the dash, but that doesn't narrow it down.
I will say, the only time I haven't heard it make that ticking sound was when they took the long skinny dash piece out that rest against the windshield. It's the piece that the windshield defrost blows out of. It runs all the way across the dash. It was warped from the factory, so it was removed until the new one arrived. I didn't hear a thing while it was out. Maybe that's where I start this summer when it warms up and happens more consistently. We've removed everything around that (wish I could post a picture) and the noise still happens. I mean both glove boxes, door panel, a pillar covers, fuse box cover, trim along front of dash and trim around vents, etc.. I had a pile of plastic in the back. Noise still happened.
At one point I could pop the passenger door seal up near the grab handle and leave it out and close the door on it. That would stop the noise as well.

BoomStik!

First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Director

I'm curious...does your truck have the 20" wheels? I know of 5 trucks ranging from 2021-2023 that all have smaller wheels and have zero noise. The smaller wheels (18"?) have more tire side wall. I'm not sure if they absorb some of the bumps that set off the ticking.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
My 21 XLT Supercab with 18 inch wheels has a rattle in the door when it is cold out. I found if the window is up, tight, I get a rattle. If I just tap the widow switch quickly, and take the up pressure off the window, the rattle goes away. I plan to dig into the noise when it gets warmer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm curious...does your truck have the 20" wheels? I know of 5 trucks ranging from 2021-2023 that all have smaller wheels and have zero noise. The smaller wheels (18"?) have more tire side wall. I'm not sure if they absorb some of the bumps that set off the ticking.
I have the 20's
Sponsored