Sponsored

Power Rear Window. a must or nice to have?

Maplestaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 f150 5.4/ 2022 Tremor
Occupation
Equipment Op
Passed on moon roof and back window, just extra rattles and leaks and expenses down the road. I don't switch vehicles often, so solid roof and solid rear window was a must.
Sponsored

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Maverick says definitely a must have…

IMG_0262.jpeg
My dog thinks it a must have option as well, he loves to sniff out the back window.

I just hate when I get the look in the middle of winter and he wants the window open and too cold to do it …

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Since I bought the truck in April I think I opened rear window once. Every truck I've owned was a solid window so it is so easy to forget the option exists.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
First, I'll always say order what you want over taking anything from inventory....if you have the time to wait.

Second, the rear slider is a God send with no AC. Since we all have AC now I think it's just nice to have. I don't use mine often, but I do use it. I would not order a truck without it, though if I did take a truck from inventory the lack of it would not be a deal breaker.

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
I didn't have it in my 2014. I have it in my 2023. I have only opened it to prove that it works.

I think I prefer it without, because between the Backrack and the extra lines for the window, there more clutter in the rearview mirror with the window.

Sponsored

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT RCSB, 2014 Mustang GT, 2018 HRV
Occupation
Truck driver
are you saying there is a law in Candida that prevents you from buying a truck from the US?

wouldn't surpise me but seems odd. Just need to register it in your province I would think.
are you saying there is a law in Candida that prevents you from buying a truck from the US?

wouldn't surpise me but seems odd. Just need to register it in your province I would think.
My window sticker said this.
Ford F-150 Power Rear Window. a must or nice to have? IMG_9252

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
IMG_9252.jpeg
Interesting, not on the digital window sticker for the Canadian build I drive, but maybe was on the original sticker.

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
My new truck has the power rear window and I don't even use it, lol.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Bought my truck February, 2021.

I have opened it once. I had some long flexible trim pieces to travel that would have dragged the ground in the bed.

In the window to the passenger floor and all was good ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
King Luis

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60 and 23' Tremor 5.0 ordered.
IMG_9252.jpeg
My order form thing said the same thing. Also they ordered my truck today. And I had a loaner for a day and only opened the back window once to see it work. It’s like cruise control I guess. It’s there but I never use it.

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
ya, it's weird. i guess i'm fine with the 3.5 as i can get the truck within a week or so if i wanted it. for the 5.0, i'd have to custom order it and have to wait a few months for it.
My suggestion is dont settle on a motor , wait and get the one you really want, I wanted the 5.0 and couldnt find and a lot of people told me the 3.5 would be good , I am so happy I keep looking and fould one with the 5.0

OP
OP
King Luis

King Luis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60 and 23' Tremor 5.0 ordered.
My suggestion is dont settle on a motor , wait and get the one you really want, I wanted the 5.0 and couldnt find and a lot of people told me the 3.5 would be good , I am so happy I keep looking and fould one with the 5.0
Thats what I did. Order went in last Friday for my 2023 Tremor 5.0 in AMB.

Truckguy24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 f150 2007 Mustang GT
I have one on my 2004, and I've been driving the truck almost 16 years. It is a wonderful option.... When it actually works.

Not sure if Ford has redesigned this over the years, but when I bought my truck in '09, it worked for 6 months and then became a tangled mess. Drove without it for many years and finally put in brand new system in it from Ford replacing the motor and cables. Worked for a few years. And now it doesn't work again. You actually have to hit it with a mallet and it's a pain to keep taking the seat off to do that. It seems like there's some sort of failure on that era motor because it has power, and power goes to it but it doesn't do anything until it's smacked.

Really is a great option for reducing turbulence as I'm someone who prefers to have the windows down. But I know my new truck cannot be optioned with it with the package I want. And at this point I've got used to not even having it work. I would not let it be the deciding factor if I bought a truck or not that's for sure.
Sponsored