Cheap MagSafe mount install

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
Thought someone else might dig this. I found a cheap MagSafe mount on Amazon and I think it turned out pretty nice. The bottom of the stand is non slip and it actually sticks without any other adhesive. Hasn’t moved in weeks of driving.

I routed the cable through the front track of the cubby, behind the passenger side panel and into the center console for power. The only modification was I drilled a small hole into the vent console that no one will ever see.

Ford F-150 Cheap MagSafe mount install IMG_5643

Ford F-150 Cheap MagSafe mount install IMG_5644

Ford F-150 Cheap MagSafe mount install IMG_5645

Ford F-150 Cheap MagSafe mount install IMG_5646

Ford F-150 Cheap MagSafe mount install IMG_5647
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Very nice! I’ve been looking to do something similar and am intrigued by this but curious to see what it looks like with your phone on it. Does it block the cup holder? Do you have to move your phone to shift into park or reverse?

Did you consider routing the cable to one of the 120v outlets and using a compatible block to take advantage of the faster charging speeds? I have a Klein USB meter and the USB C ports in the truck don’t provide enough power for the fastest charging speeds.

OP
OP
LouDog

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
Very nice! I’ve been looking to do something similar and am intrigued by this but curious to see what it looks like with your phone on it. Does it block the cup holder? Do you have to move your phone to shift into park or reverse?

Did you consider routing the cable to one of the 120v outlets and using a compatible block to take advantage of the faster charging speeds? I have a Klein USB meter and the USB C ports in the truck don’t provide enough power for the fastest charging speeds.
With my iPhone 14 Pro the cup holders are not blocked. I can shift fine and even fold the shifter down with the phone in place. Not sure how much juice I am getting from that usb c port but it seems to be charging pretty darn fast.
Sponsored