Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey all!
Brand new F-150 owner. Ordered a Hybrid Platinum on Jan 1 2022, finally got it this week (2/25/23). Pretty sure it was built Sept 22’ but was waiting on chips.

I took it on the freeway this week and noticed a troubling thing: At speeds between 45 and 75 MPH, and in gears 8-10 (and especially at an incline), the truck makes a very perceptible and tangible humming/vibrating. It seems to be specifically happening at certain speed/gear combinations, ex. 50-52mph in 8th gear, 59-61mph in 9th gear, etc.

I feel it rumbling in the floor of the cab, and especially feel it in the gas pedal. It is perceptible everywhere in the cab. I’ll upload a video, but it doesn’t quite do it justice. I’ve intentionally taken it to multiple roads in various states of repair, and it happens the same everywhere (even on freshly paved).

I have an appointment with the dealer and will update y’all if interested - if anyone has any ideas I’d welcome your thoughts!

cheers
GZP

Sponsored

CaptainRage

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
Hey all!
Brand new F-150 owner. Ordered a Hybrid Platinum on Jan 1 2022, finally got it this week (2/25/23). Pretty sure it was built Sept 22’ but was waiting on chips.

I took it on the freeway this week and noticed a troubling thing: At speeds between 45 and 75 MPH, and in gears 8-10 (and especially at an incline), the truck makes a very perceptible and tangible humming/vibrating. It seems to be specifically happening at certain speed/gear combinations, ex. 50-52mph in 8th gear, 59-61mph in 9th gear, etc.

I feel it rumbling in the floor of the cab, and especially feel it in the gas pedal. It is perceptible everywhere in the cab. I’ll upload a video, but it doesn’t quite do it justice. I’ve intentionally taken it to multiple roads in various states of repair, and it happens the same everywhere (even on freshly paved).

I have an appointment with the dealer and will update y’all if interested - if anyone has any ideas I’d welcome your thoughts!

cheers
GZP

Hello. Did you ever get this figured out and fixed?