First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (planned), C8
Occupation
Medical Equipment
Ford also has major Quality issues & i speak from my own experience with the 2022 & 2023 F150 issues.
Do they, or does it just seem that way on the forums? Ford does sell a lot of F150s and people with problems complain on forums, people who don't have problems don't say anything. I am pretty new to the "truck" thing though I've been in the sportscar world for a long time and frequently problems get overblown because a small percentage experience an issue and they all complain, giving a false sense of volume and everyone thinks a particular car or engine is faulty.

Any data on F150 quality vs quantity built?
Sponsored

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
Do they, or does it just seem that way on the forums? Ford does sell a lot of F150s and people with problems complain on forums, people who don't have problems don't say anything. I am pretty new to the "truck" thing though I've been in the sportscar world for a long time and frequently problems get overblown because a small percentage experience an issue and they all complain, giving a false sense of volume and everyone thinks a particular car or engine is faulty.

Any data on F150 quality vs quantity built?
Ford themselves have acknowledged quality issues across the brand and have said it will be a multi year long process to fix whats wrong. One of the steps they are taking with the 2024 F-150's they are reducing build complexity by reducing the number of individual parts used (such as going LED across the entire lineup) I believe they quoted 2400 fewer parts used/available for the new model and force packaging features instead of offering them individually to reduce assembly line complexity.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
Most recent update via bronco6g, similar to last week.

Ford F-150 Build Constraints/Limited Availability IMG_8221