Bluetooth phone calls

Janesy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HDPP
so I just took owner's of a 2021(in)2022 but whatever haha) F150 HDPP. It does everything... Except make a darned phone call.

Every other f150 if had you simply push the button, say the words and it makes a phone call. Not this one.

This one, after you speak the words, it turns on Google assistant and asks you to unlock your phone?? Ok. So unlock the phone. Try again, after about 15 seconds it makes the call. Mean while your phone is going nuts trying to offer Google assistant options. But after you hang up the call, it doesn't go back to the radio. It stays as you phone as the source, until you manually select radio as the source again, after which it goes back to the radio.

So background info, I didn't think I even had Google assistant. I've never used it before. The setting to allow Google assistant to work with a locked phone is on, and correct.

It almost as if the truck is recognizing that it needs to make a call, but Google assistant on my phone doesn't want to talk to the truck. Then the truck stay locked in the phones source output waiting for music.

Frankly, this is rediculous for what I just paid for a darned work truck. It should be able to make a phone call without giving me Google options.

But I cannot seem to make the truck work, if I disable Google assistant.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Janesy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HDPP
Anyone have a way to get around all this garbage?

For example of how bad this is, my work is in my phone as "store". If I push the button on the dash and say "call store" which has literally worked in my last three trucks every single day . This truck makes my phone fire up Google maps and it searches retail stores near me and asks which one I want to call based on where my truck is parked at that given moment? Why do I need Google maps on my phone to open to make a phone call?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is android auto connected? If so just disconnected android auto and then it will use the ford voice assistance. I honestly thought that a single press brought up fords assistant and a press and hold would bring up the google/apple assistant

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have a way to get around all this garbage?

For example of how bad this is, my work is in my phone as "store". If I push the button on the dash and say "call store" which has literally worked in my last three trucks every single day . This truck makes my phone fire up Google maps and it searches retail stores near me and asks which one I want to call based on where my truck is parked at that given moment? Why do I need Google maps on my phone to open to make a phone call?
I have a platinum and I simply press the button on the steering wheel and ask the truck to place a call. I am using an I phone without apple CarPlay and 99% of the time it works, but does get confused every now and then.

OP
OP

Janesy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HDPP
Is android auto connected? If so just disconnected android auto and then it will use the ford voice assistance. I honestly thought that a single press brought up fords assistant and a press and hold would bring up the google/apple assistant
I don't have Android auto, nor did I think I had Google assistant either.

I haven't tried a press and hold. I'll give that a try in the morning. If I make a call using the phone the truck works perfectly. As soon as the truck gets involved, it seems to do whatever it wants. It would be manageable if after you hung up it went back to the radio, but staying as the phone for the source is a huge pain. I did laugh when it said " ok, which store would you like to call" and my google maps was open and offering suggestions... Then it got to be not funny.

OP
OP

Janesy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HDPP
Push and hold does nothing. One push starts Google assistant on my phone.
I figured out of to turn off Google assistant, but now the truck say my phone is not responding.
Sponsored