First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Just to clarify, in FL, you have to carry property damage liability and PIP, but don't have to carry bodily injury liability. So the insurance for person that rear ended us fixed our van, we are on our own for medical, which is BS.
yup that is pure horse manure alright. why should you be screwed over on medical?
its a crazy system.
so your insurance has to cover the medical bills .
i once broke a rib working on my f250 in my garage in jax fl. i slipped and horned my rib on the hood catch
OMG i was stuck until my wife heard me hollering. and put the stand back under me.
anyway
we went to hospital. got fixed up and this was a military hospital i was on active duty
but the navy billed my home insurance for the bill. I cracked up when i got a notice of paid claim from allstate some months later
after that if i got hurt at home, i shut my mouth

our roof discounts stop at 20 years, so i am planning to do it within next 2 years. its a substantial discount and most likely will be my last

our neighborhood is mostly vacationers from dallas or some-wheres because they like to fish lake fork. we like the quiet and slooooowwwww pace
and many out here do not have insurance on their properties so we keep it on our and will let our insurance take them to court if their crap burns my house down
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
yup that is pure horse manure alright. why should you be screwed over on medical?
its a crazy system.
so your insurance has to cover the medical bills .
i once broke a rib working on my f250 in my garage in jax fl. i slipped and horned my rib on the hood catch
OMG i was stuck until my wife heard me hollering. and put the stand back under me.
anyway
we went to hospital. got fixed up and this was a military hospital i was on active duty
but the navy billed my home insurance for the bill. I cracked up when i got a notice of paid claim from allstate some months later
after that if i got hurt at home, i shut my mouth

our roof discounts stop at 20 years, so i am planning to do it within next 2 years. its a substantial discount and most likely will be my last

our neighborhood is mostly vacationers from dallas or some-wheres because they like to fish lake fork. we like the quiet and slooooowwwww pace
and many out here do not have insurance on their properties so we keep it on our and will let our insurance take them to court if their crap burns my house down
They'll only cover up to policy limits. Medical bills can easily exceed them. Which is why I said you can never have enough coverage.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
They'll only cover up to policy limits. Medical bills can easily exceed them. Which is why I said you can never have enough coverage.
we had that discussion a few years back with farm bureau about upping limits on home policy because of the weird lawsuits of folks getting millions because they jumped your fence and broke a leg, while trespassing. or the trampoline death of a kid trespassing into your yard and breaking their neck . my bus has a huge IMO upgrade of coverage to protect us as much as possible. folks see it and think oh look an ATM. much like they did in Florida with our boat. Oh look he has money lets try to make an accident.
i used to miss florida, i had no idea how screwy the insurance was until we moved to texas, its not perfect here , but its a bit better.
i really love the the "ASSUMED" by law if your not invited then your trespassing and that protects land owners a whole lot more. this includes your entire property , not just your house.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
When people are insuring $80,000 pickup trucks there auto insurance premium is going to be higher. The cost to build a new home in 2022 is 14% higher than it was in 2021 as a result of increases in costs of building materials and appliances. Insurance companies realize this and either increase the premium or reduce the coverage.

In California the insurance companies no longer cover damage from burst pipes in a freeze. They do not cover earthquakes or floods or mudslides. Friends in Dallas found that after a hail storm destroyed their roof that it was not covered by their homeowner's insurance. When I lived in Dallas this kind of damage was covered.

Most homes are underinsured as well. In my area the cost to build a house is more than $300 per square foot. If a 2000 sq ft house is insured for "replacement" cost but capped at 300,000 then the homeowner is going to have to cough up more than $100,000 to rebuild their home.

And there is the cost to live somewhere else while paying the mortgage on your damaged house for a year while you get permits and contractors and get the house rebuilt.

When people see a town that is flooded and homes swept away they do not realize that the people involved have no insurance for the damage. These floods are in areas not on a federal flood plain map and so not eligible for federal flood insurance even if the people were smart enough to want to get it. Same goes with landslides and mudslides that occur after a major fire has removed all the trees and vegetation.

There is also the very misleading use of a term like a 100-year flood which is always a false statement. Flood history presumes that nothing has changed when in reality we have new highways that act like levees and channel water and denuded hillsides from logging and more pavement added to replace water permeable land and of course global warming that puts more moisture into the air thanks to our oil burning and meat consumption.
Sponsored