Sponsored

Anyone Painted the Gray Interior Plastic?

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I LIKE grey... Infact I'm ordering a Carbonized Grey RCSB. BUT there's a LOT of grey plastic on the interior! Especially on a XL but even on the highest trims. Seat base, dash door panels ect..Has anyone dyed or painted parts of the interior plastic?
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Are you looking for examples or the process?

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Yes.. before and after pics too. But mainly I want to know if it's been done and how well it's held up. I've looked at 100 thousand dollar and up Shelby and other Custom builds and not once have I seen it mentioned. Carbon fiber overlays yes wood trim and leather but not simple paint or dye.

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
I swapped my entire interior in my 2022 xl regular cab but the only piece I had painted was the passenger knee airbag cover only because it was going to be $400 to buy an entire new airbag. I removed the cover and the glovebox and brought them to the painter who matched it really well. You can see how spot on it is compared to the side dash trim. The glovebox always looked to be a bit different even in my cousin's stx truck so as far as I'm concerned this is spot on. This was painted about 8 months ago.
Ford F-150 Anyone Painted the Gray Interior Plastic? APC_3718
Ford F-150 Anyone Painted the Gray Interior Plastic? IMG_2980

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
I’m in the same boat, I’d like to change out a lot of the grey in my RCSB as well, especially since I’m planning on doing a custom interior that won’t really go with the grey too well. I did look at swapping all the parts with OEM black ones, but it’s pricey unless you can find a wrecked one whose interior isn’t all scuffed up.
I used this stuff to paint the grey dash to black on my Bronco when I did the interior in that:
https://www.colorbondpaint.com/product/lvp-bundle/

They offer it in OEM colours too which is nice.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco, KTM 1290R
I’m in the same boat, I’d like to change out a lot of the grey in my RCSB as well, especially since I’m planning on doing a custom interior that won’t really go with the grey too well. I did look at swapping all the parts with OEM black ones, but it’s pricey unless you can find a wrecked one whose interior isn’t all scuffed up.
I used this stuff to paint the grey dash to black on my Bronco when I did the interior in that:
https://www.colorbondpaint.com/product/lvp-bundle/

They offer it in OEM colours too which is nice.
I've used Colorbond on other vehicles and their factory colors are a good match to OEM. I've also use SEM and their offerings are pretty good also.

My preference leans towards Colorbond, but the biggest factor for anyone, especially d.i.y people, is surface prep. Don't cut corners with surface prep and cleaning, especially if you've used any interior panel protector/cleaner

PNGento

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Navy
I've used and love the results I get with the SEM products. Never had any peeling and it withstand scratches quite well..of course, any scratch that goes into the plastic will show.
Sponsored