First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
This has probably already been asked and answered so apologies if this is a repeat.

So after getting Alexa yesterday and activating her I noticed something under Connected Services - Streaming, Stating that if I want to use Ford Streaming which I assume is only via Alexa, they want $10 a month? Going to have to say that's a hard pass at least for now. I apparently do not understand the benefit(s). With Alexa Built In free 3 year trial and my Prime Membership why would I want to pay $10 a month to use? TIA
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Streaming Amazon music via Alexa without using your phone.

1 example of what Ford Streaming is as a connected service.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Keeps me from having to enter the code to my front door or use my phone to unlock and disarm our security system. Just setup a routine through the Alexa app. Now I just tell me truck I’m home and it unlocks and disarms my system for me. That alone is worth $10 a month in 3 years, at least to me. Your mileage may vary.

OP
OP
Wolf Man

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the feedback. I think for now I'm good. I don't have any smart devices that require the use of Alexa, the closest I have is Fire TV( which I don't exactly call a smart device) which I only use in home. I would love to use Amazon Music in my truck but if I have to pay a monthly fee, I'm good. I already have to pay for Amazon Music Unlimited which I realize is going to Amazon not Ford. Maybe I still don't understand. If Alexa Built in is free for the first 3 years why do I have to pay $10 month now? No doubt I'm missing something "I don't get it". :unsure:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Streaming Amazon music via Alexa without using your phone.

1 example of what Ford Streaming is as a connected service.
This is exactly the benefit for me. If I leave my phone behind for whatever reason, I can still stream music via Amazon Music.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I splurged on a RIDICULOUS expensive vehicle. I'm old and the kids are raised, college is behind me, and the mortgage is now just taxes and insurance.
But they haven't fired me and I haven't retired, so now I can finally reach beyond the XL/XLT budget imposed on my reality for decades.

I said all that to say that I crossed some line when I ante'd up for an 80,000 dollar truck with something called Bluecruise, a built in internet gateway (LTE modem), an AI assistant (Alexa), .............

I don't even need my phone to carry any of the water when I get in it, if I choose.

$10 won't even buy me a Whataburger lunch these days, so I ain't gonna fret. Turn everything on and let's see what this thing can do! Lol

I'm having a ball getting a taste of the good stuff.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Keeps me from having to enter the code to my front door or use my phone to unlock and disarm our security system. Just setup a routine through the Alexa app. Now I just tell me truck I’m home and it unlocks and disarms my system for me. That alone is worth $10 a month in 3 years, at least to me. Your mileage may vary.
For anyone curious, I was able to create this same routine without the subscription. It appears I can do everything Alexa related with the one exception of streaming music. I use CarPlay, Siri and Apple Music generally for that anyway so it is not much impact to me other than it would be nice to have.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
My entire house is 'smart', so it's nice to check Alexa if doors are locked, lights on/off, turn the AC/heat on or off, garage closed, turn sprinklers on/off, annoy my wife, etc.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I splurged on a RIDICULOUS expensive vehicle. I'm old and the kids are raised, college is behind me, and the mortgage is now just taxes and insurance.
But they haven't fired me and I haven't retired, so now I can finally reach beyond the XL/XLT budget imposed on my reality for decades.

I said all that to say that I crossed some line when I ante'd up for an 80,000 dollar truck with something called Bluecruise, a built in internet gateway (LTE modem), an AI assistant (Alexa), .............

I don't even need my phone to carry any of the water when I get in it, if I choose.

$10 won't even buy me a Whataburger lunch these days, so I ain't gonna fret. Turn everything on and let's see what this thing can do! Lol

I'm having a ball getting a taste of the good stuff.
ME TOOO
had life by the horns
decided crap lets get a new 150 KR..yeppers
taxes he says. :love: 🤑 we have a bridge tax....but only 2 county bridges.
i like all the tech on the truck, would have been nice to get BC, but i couldnt find one and waiting for one with no multi contour seats would have been a bad move
i love me some MC seats, massage away alexa or is that HAL
Sponsored