• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone consider getting a discount on their ordered F150L by letting the dealer use it as demo ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Has anyone considered allowing a Ford dealer to use your F150L as a demo / mannequin /test drive vehicle for a period of time and get a discount or cash back ?

My wife and I were talking about getting both the MME and Lightning while we have our current daily drivers (PHEV & ICE) at the same time.

She asked if one could be "delayed" while we make room for both vehicles.

Knowing how popular the F150L would be to the public as a first year new model and to help make sales for the dealership, how much do you think a dealer would pay you to have it sit as a mannequin or be used as a demo test drive vehicle?

Just thinking out loud - maybe worthwhile for those that don't need to immediately put their F150L into service...
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Could figure out renting it on Turo. Make more money even if you have to pay for a spot somewhere to charge it. I bet a lot of people would rent it out to demo.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
NOPE, too much risk and liability for me to accept while it's in their custody, I suppose the dealers policy would cover financial losses, but I'd be unhappy waiting for a repair or replacement if the worst happened.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Dealer would delay giving title...

People beat the crap out of demos.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
And if something bad happens to the truck, you may not be out any money directly, but now you are at the back of the line to pay more for a 23 or 24 with less tax credit available. The only way that I would consider if I didn't need/want the truck right away would be to take delivery, then get compensated by the dealership and let them use it for demo purposes with contractual stipulations of what can and can not happen with the truck and how you will be compensated if/when bad things happen. Probably not worth it in the end.

It may be best to develop some good will with the dealership if they have somebody interested maybe they could exchange contact info with you and you could demo the truck, maybe coordinated with the dealer??

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
After I placed my Lightning order I was over a my dealership and mentioned if he wanted to have it on display for a bit I probably wouldn't mind. I'm getting the only 2022 at this dealership and thought that the other 15 or so folks who have reservations may like to see one. He said no he didn't want to have any liability of a customers new vehicle in his possession. He wants to get it sold and off his lot as quick as possible.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No way in heck - I believe it has a different or strengthened frame, the battery and motors being brand new - way too much risk if it were wrecked or damaged. The same will go for any of us, could take months for any kind of parts / repairs.

I think Turo would also be dangerous, but you could likely get some very nice daily rates.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Thanks for all of your input.

I am trying to figure out how to balance 2 more new vehicles into our home which has limited parking spaces outside the garage in our HOA community...

We currently are a 4 daily driver car house so getting 2 additional vehicles might mean I have to sell 2 of them....

WIth this crazy used car prices, it might be better to sell to make room......

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I don't even want the dealer washing my truck before I get it. AMB - nearly black - they'll want to run it through some crappy big brush wash that add scratches before I ever see it. I hope to be at the dealer within the hour of it coming off the truck. Anal, I know, but worth it.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
What to do about all the friends and family that are going to want to get behind the wheel? Insurance liability?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
What to do about all the friends and family that are going to want to get behind the wheel? Insurance liability?
I'll give anyone a ride that wants one, but rarely do I let anyone else drive one of my current cars. Never cared with a standard auto or pickup - but the 2 model 3's in the garage in 4 years only 4 other people have been behind the wheel for a very few short miles. I understand accidents, but it is well known how long it can take to get a Tesla repaired. The same could be true for the Lightning. Just how easy will it be to get your hand on a motor or battery. So I'll give a ride, but if you want to drive one go visit a dealer and share the liability with them - won't be mine.

If you haven't learned how to tell people no - that risk is on you.

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
Has anyone considered allowing a Ford dealer to use your F150L as a demo / mannequin /test drive vehicle for a period of time and get a discount or cash back ?

My wife and I were talking about getting both the MME and Lightning while we have our current daily drivers (PHEV & ICE) at the same time.

She asked if one could be "delayed" while we make room for both vehicles.

Knowing how popular the F150L would be to the public as a first year new model and to help make sales for the dealership, how much do you think a dealer would pay you to have it sit as a mannequin or be used as a demo test drive vehicle?

Just thinking out loud - maybe worthwhile for those that don't need to immediately put their F150L into service...
I expect dealers will tack ADM onto their FCTP allocations. They won't sell for cheap.
Sponsored