Antimatter Blue is BLACK

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Great pic. Shows blue on curvatures but rest still looks black to me.
That is very much a blue truck. Honestly not sure what you are seeing here. I wouldn’t say it’s black at all, not one bit.
Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Looks like the FX4 on the right is a decent bit taller than the normal 4x4 in the middle, espcailly when looking at the top of the tailgate. Is that the case or is it just the angle of this picture?
You're exactly right... Good eye. It was noticeably taller standing next to them as well. I first noticed how much higher the running board was on FX4 on the right, then did a rough measure test using my leg against the bumper of each one, and the one on the right was a good 1.5" taller than the middle one. Rims/tires were different, so that's what I'm attributing it to. Still, was surprised.

TxTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
You're exactly right... Good eye. It was noticeably taller standing next to them as well. I first noticed how much higher the running board was on FX4 on the right, then did a rough measure test using my leg against the bumper of each one, and the one on the right was a good 1.5" taller than the middle one. Rims/tires were different, so that's what I'm attributing it to. Still, was surprised.
Ah that would make sense if the tire/rims were different, thanks! Do you recall if they we’re they both the same trims?

OP
OP

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That is very much a blue truck. Honestly not sure what you are seeing here. I wouldn’t say it’s black at all, not one bit.
Well it’s a darker blue than I was wanting. I was hoping for a blue like the Blue Jeans blue. I’ll take the $12k I saved by downsizing from the AMB Limited to a loaded Rapid Red Lariot and apply it to the 2021 Corvette that I also have ordered in Elkhart Lake Blue. Red truck Blue Vette.

Raptor17

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Hi Dan, same with me, all my trucks over 20 years have been red and it’s time for a change. The dealer has one in stock that is AMB, so I’m going up in the morning to see it in person before I order.

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Hi Dan, same with me, all my trucks over 20 years have been red and it’s time for a change. The dealer has one in stock that is AMB, so I’m going up in the morning to see it in person before I order.
I can relate. I chose Antimatter Blue mostly because it wasn't red, the color of my Jeep gladiator I was trading in. Nothing wrong with red, but change is good. I do like the color though. Had a Kona Blue Mustang in '12 and the antimatter reminds me a little of that but darker. Color shifts toward Black in low light and, but I think it's really sharp in bright sun.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Was coming from a Black Camaro and luckily went to a dealer to view the AMB as really wanted a nice deep blue.... no way.... ended up with a Lead Foot Raptor.... color looks really good on the Raptor
Sponsored