Sponsored

Another "Is this a good price" Q. Also - Order or wait dilemma.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Greetings all,

So after what I believe is an extensive research on my part I am ready to order my first ever truck.
I am going with standard bed SuperCrew Lariat with 502A V8, FX4 and sprots package, tow tech, 20" wheels, power tailgate, extended tank and some minor extras (wheel well liner, work surface and the back-seat storage).
I have a quote of $59K (plus tax, plates, docs).

So my two-fold question is:
A. Is this a good price?
B. With all the delays horror stories, chip shortage, etc. - what am I really looking at here (time wise)? I don't mind 6-8 weeks, I am in no rush by any mean. But I don't feel like placing an order and wait till August (or later). Of course I can wait until they start building 2022, but who's to say that there won't be any "chip shortage" then? And most likely it'll be more expensive.
Interesting thing is that several dealers told me that one of the major delay factors now days is the Internal Work Surface of all things. I don't think there is any chip involved with that folding surface.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Wheel well liners had a 2-3 month delay last I saw. You can install them yourself after the fact though. The work surface can also cause a delay, but I forget how much.

Reactions: sbi

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wheel well liners had a 2-3 month delay last I saw. You can install them yourself after the fact though. The work surface can also cause a delay, but I forget how much.
My dealer said that when I ordered in March the wheel well liners delays were about 8-12 weeks and the work surface had delays of about 6-8 weeks. I opted to skip those when ordering and he expects my order to arrive at the dealership at the end of June. He put in an order in Feb with the work surface and upon talking with him today - that truck is still not scheduled.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Thanks. Just checked YouTube and it's very easy to install.
Silly question but is there any source anywhere that shows what the delays are?

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Greetings all,

So after what I believe is an extensive research on my part I am ready to order my first ever truck.
I am going with standard bed SuperCrew Lariat with 502A V8, FX4 and sprots package, tow tech, 20" wheels, power tailgate, extended tank and some minor extras (wheel well liner, work surface and the back-seat storage).
I have a quote of $59K (plus tax, plates, docs).

So my two-fold question is:
A. Is this a good price?
B. With all the delays horror stories, chip shortage, etc. - what am I really looking at here (time wise)? I don't mind 6-8 weeks, I am in no rush by any mean. But I don't feel like placing an order and wait till August (or later). Of course I can wait until they start building 2022, but who's to say that there won't be any "chip shortage" then? And most likely it'll be more expensive.
Interesting thing is that several dealers told me that one of the major delay factors now days is the Internal Work Surface of all things. I don't think there is any chip involved with that folding surface.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
I think the chip shortage will continue through at least the end of 2021. Where I work our orders for devices have been cut by 40% by the manufacturer because they don't have the microchips to complete units, and they are advising us that it will be at least summer of 2022 when they can fulfill our 2021 contract. If you want the truck by a certain time, I would add a few weeks of lead time.
Sponsored